Army officer commits suicide in Uttar PradeshMarch 13th, 2009 - 4:47 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, March 13 (IANS) A 40-year-old lieutenant colonel shot himself in Uttar Pradesh’s Kanpur district, the police said Friday.
The police said that Ramendra Bajpai shot himself with his father’s licensed revolver. His father is retired brigadier.
“Ramendra Bajpai, who was posted in Guwahati, was found dead this (Friday) morning in his parents’ house in Defence Colony in Kanpur,” Inspector Satish Chandra Gautam told IANS on phone.
The police say that “strained relations” between Bajpai and his wife could have prompted the officer to take the extreme step.
“We have come to know that the officer was having some discord with his wife. It could be one of the reasons that forced him to commit suicide,” Gautam said.
According to police, the officer was alone in his parents’ house when he committed suicide.
- Man commits suicide in Delhi - Mar 03, 2011
- Delhi builder shoots self (Lead) - Jan 17, 2011
- Delhi Police constable commits suicide four days after marriage - Feb 24, 2012
- Over 3,000 policemen promoted in Dubai - Jun 07, 2012
- Man commits suicide after killing ailing wife - Dec 24, 2011
- Suspended jailer kills wife, self in Lucknow (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Four of a family commit suicide in Secunderabad - Jan 28, 2012
- Relatives suspect foul play in army jawan's suicide - Aug 10, 2012
- Ghaziabad student kills self at home - Dec 29, 2011
- Kanpur cop dies after being shot inside police station (Lead) - Mar 30, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh forest officer kills self - Apr 06, 2011
- Rural healthcare scam accused shoots self - Jan 23, 2012
- Doctor commits suicide in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 13, 2010
- Youth shoots at cops inside Kanpur police station - Mar 30, 2012
- Minor girl commits suicide with father's gun - Aug 22, 2012