Army chief reviews Southern Army Command’s readinessSeptember 11th, 2012 - 9:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 11 (IANS) Chief of Army Staff General Bikram Singh Tuesday reviewed the preparedness of Pune-based Southern Army Command and interacted with senior officers over contemporary challenges being faced by the force.
Gen. Bikram Singh, who is on a two-day visit to the Southern Command, will also be visiting National Defence Academy at Khadakvasla and Bhopal-based Sudarshan Chakra Corps.
“The army chief interacted with senior functionaries of the Southern Command and addressed the officers on contemporary challenges facing the army. He was accompanied by Southern Army Commander Lt. Gen. A.K. Singh,” said a defence ministry official here.
Underlining the importance of value-based leadership, Gen. Bikram Singh reiterated the Indian Army’s ethos of commitment and professionalism. He also stressed the collective importance of overcoming challenges and maintaining the highest standards of operational preparedness and discipline among officers and men, the official added.
In a first of its kind, around 3,000 officers in 24 stations of the Southern Command watched the army chief’s address through a real-time video link.
He will also call upon Madhya Pradesh Governor Ram Naresh Yadav.
- Varun Gandhi among MPs at Indian Army exercise - Dec 03, 2011
- President witnesses war game, urges modernisation - Dec 05, 2011
- Indian Army chief-designate conferred medal for distinguished service - Apr 17, 2012
- Army chief visits Srinagar - Mar 28, 2012
- Army's desert exercise enters crucial phase - Nov 24, 2011
- Antony asks troops along Pakistan border to defeat any 'misadventure' - May 02, 2011
- Indian Army chief lampoons retired officer for complaint(Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Antony to visit border areas ahead of army war game - Apr 29, 2011
- Armed forces prepared for any challenge: V.K. Singh - May 30, 2012
- New chief of staff for Eastern Naval Command - May 02, 2011
- Petitioners claim apex court was misled on next army chief (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Indian Army team wins gold at World patrol meet - Nov 07, 2011
- Tough days ahead for new Indian Army chief (News Analysis) - May 31, 2012
- Army chief on first visit to Ladakh - Aug 17, 2012
- Gen Bikram Singh is Indian Army chief - May 31, 2012
Tags: army chief, army command, army commander, army staff, bikram singh, chief of army, defence ministry, indian army, madhya pradesh, ministry official, naresh, national defence academy, New Delhi, preparedness, professionalism, sep 11, southern army, sudarshan chakra, video link, yadav