Army chief on first visit to LadakhAugust 17th, 2012 - 5:33 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Aug 17 (IANS) Chief of Army Staff General Bikram Singh Friday began a three-day tour of Ladakh in Jammu and Kashmir to assess the situation in the region which borders both Pakistan and China.
According to an army Northern Command spokesperson, immediately after landing at Leh, “the chief had a detailed interaction with the Northern Army Commander (Lt Gen K.T. Parnaik) and the 14 Corps Commander (Lt Gen R. Dastane), who briefed him on the prevailing security environment, infrastructure development projects and various initiatives undertaken by the army in Ladakh region”.
Senior army officers in Leh apprised the army chief about the situation along the Line of Control and Actual Ground Position Line in Siachen area, both dividing lines with Pakistan. The army chief was also informed about activities along the Line of Actual Control with China.
The spokesperson added: “The chief expressed his satisfaction over the operational preparedness of the formation. He will visit forward deployment areas in the Siachen glacier and eastern Ladakh during the next two days of his stay.”
- Indian Army reviews operational preparedness along Ladakh border - Oct 03, 2011
- Army chief visits Ladakh - Nov 05, 2011
- Northern army commander visits India-China border, Siachen - Mar 10, 2011
- Indian Army vice chief reviews operational preparedness on borders - Oct 19, 2011
- Army chief witnesses exercise in Ladakh - Apr 20, 2011
- Now, postal cover on Siachen glacier - Oct 06, 2011
- Army chief visits Srinagar - Mar 28, 2012
- Army commander visits forward areas on LoC - May 07, 2012
- Indian army chief visits J&K; - Jun 15, 2012
- Pallam Raju reviews Kashmir security - May 11, 2011
- Top army officer reviews alert on China border - Jan 12, 2011
- Defence, home ministries to decide on AFSPA: Army - Jan 15, 2012
- Army chief visits Ladakh, reviews Siachen situation - Apr 20, 2010
- Army chief calls on Omar Abdullah in Srinagar - Jun 16, 2012
- Antony calls for better synergy among security forces in Kashmir - Jul 28, 2012