Army chief meets Rajasthan chief ministerAugust 1st, 2012 - 6:39 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, Aug 1 (IANS) Indian Army chief General Bikram Singh Wednesday met Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot to exchange views on civil-military relations.
According to a defence ministry official, Gen. Singh was accompanied by Lt. Gen. Gyan Bhushan, chief of the city-based South Western Command, to the chief minister’s official residence here.
“They exchanged views on various issues pertaining to civil military relations and also discussed mutual assistance programmes towards development projects and human resources progression in the region,” the official said.
They also discussed enhanced incentives for gallantry awardees, establishment of a Rajasthan Ex-servicemen’s Corporation and provision of land and monetary grants for the army’s welfare schemes, the official added.
The army chief was in Jaipur on a two-day visit to the formation headquarters here.
Gen. Singh, after the meeting with the chief minister, left for Bathinda in Punjab to visit the 10 ‘Chetak’ Corps before returning to Delhi.
- 'No cover-ups, army's secular character to be maintained' (Second Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- 'Withdraw public suit on appointment of next army chief' - Apr 11, 2012
- No vindictiveness in show cause notice: Army chief - May 25, 2012
- No vindictiveness in show cause notice: Army chief (Lead) - May 26, 2012
- Minefield of controversies lie in next army chief's way (Comment) - Apr 15, 2012
- Army chief's age issue sensitive: PM - Jan 19, 2012
- After bribe revelations, Army chief talks about army welfare - Mar 31, 2012
- No civil-military confrontation: Antony on age row - Jan 31, 2012
- Supreme Court rejects plea on army chief's age - Jan 20, 2012
- Antony blames army for chief's age row (Lead) - Jan 31, 2012
- Indian Army chief-designate conferred medal for distinguished service - Apr 17, 2012
- Indian Army chief sues government over his age plea (Second Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- V.K. Singh bids army adieu, leaving legacy of acrimony - May 30, 2012
- V.K. Singh retires, ending controversial tenure (Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Gen Singh conferred Nepal Army General rank - Jul 11, 2012
Tags: army chief, ashok, bathinda, bikram singh, chief general, chief minister, defence ministry, development projects, gallantry, human resources, incentives, indian army, lt, military relations, ministry official, monetary grants, mutual assistance, punjab, s corporation, welfare schemes