Arms dealer Suresh Nanda, son sent to judicial custodyApril 11th, 2008 - 7:25 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, April 11 (IANS) Arms dealer Suresh Nanda and his son Sanjeev, arrested for allegedly trying to bribe an income tax official, were Friday remanded in judicial custody till April 25. The Central Bureau of Investigation’s (CBI) Special Court Judge I.K. Kochhar also sent the deputy director of income tax, Ashutosh Verma and the Nandas’ chartered accountant Bipin Shah to judicial custody till April 25.
The Nandas have approached Delhi High Court challenging the rejection of their bail plea by a sessions court.
The four had allegedly gathered in a Mumbai hotel to negotiate the bribe amount to be paid to Verma. CBI sources said that Verma, an Indian Revenue Service officer of 1999 batch, had struck a deal for Rs.100 million.
Sanjeev, who is also accused of mowing down six people in the capital in 1999 with his BMW car, is lodged in the Tihar Jail for the second time.
- Arms dealer Nanda, son sent to judicial custody - Apr 11, 2008
- Arms dealer Nanda, son sent to judicial custody - Mar 28, 2008
- Suresh, Sanjeev Nanda bail plea to be heard next week - Mar 26, 2008
- CBI opposes bail plea of arms dealer Nanda, son - Apr 04, 2008
- Abhishek Verma, wife granted bail, arrested afresh - Aug 08, 2012
- Arms dealer Suresh Nanda's bail plea rejected - Apr 05, 2008
- CBI to file chargesheet against Abhishek Verma, wife Aug 7 - Aug 01, 2012
- Suresh, Sanjeev Nanda sent to Tihar for 14 days - Mar 14, 2008
- Suresh, Sanjeev Nanda judicial custody extended by 14 days - Apr 25, 2008
- BMW case: Apex court chides police for delay - Jan 11, 2012
- Abhishek Verma, wife in seven days CBI custody - Jun 09, 2012
- Abhishek Verma, wife seek bail - Aug 07, 2012
- Arms dealer Nanda's bail plea decision Friday - Mar 31, 2008
- BMW case: SC frees three convicted for proof tampering - Aug 01, 2012
- Granted bail, Anca will still stay in jail - Aug 29, 2012