Arms dealer Nanda’s bail plea decision FridayMarch 31st, 2008 - 8:51 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, March 31 (IANS) A city court Monday reserved till Friday its order on the bail plea of arms dealer Suresh Nanda and his son Sanjeev, arrested for allegedly trying to bribe an income tax official. Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Special court Judge I.K. Kochhar gave the decision after hearing arguments from prosecution and defence counsel.
“Nandas were in touch with Income Tax director Ashutosh Verma from Feb 7 till March 8 and made 94 calls to one another and we are investigating this matter,” argued CBI counsel V.P. Singh, objecting to the bail request.
Last week, the court sent the father-son duo along with Indian Revenue Service officer Verma and chartered accountant Bipin Shah to judicial custody till April 11.
The four had allegedly gathered in a Mumbai hotel room to negotiate the bribe amount to be paid to Verma. CBI sources said Verma had struck a deal for Rs.100 million.
Sanjeev is also accused of killing six people with his BMW car in a hit and run case in 1999.
- CBI opposes bail plea of arms dealer Nanda, son - Apr 04, 2008
- Arms dealer Suresh Nanda's bail plea rejected - Apr 05, 2008
- Suresh, Sanjeev Nanda bail plea to be heard next week - Mar 26, 2008
- Arms dealer Nanda, son sent to judicial custody - Mar 28, 2008
- Court allows arms dealer Nanda to go abroad - Sep 21, 2011
- Arms dealer Suresh Nanda, son sent to judicial custody - Apr 11, 2008
- Arms dealer Nanda, son sent to judicial custody - Apr 11, 2008
- BMW case: SC frees three convicted for proof tampering - Aug 01, 2012
- Suresh, Sanjeev Nanda judicial custody extended by 14 days - Apr 25, 2008
- Suresh, Sanjeev Nanda sent to Tihar for 14 days - Mar 14, 2008
- Abhishek Verma, wife seek bail - Aug 07, 2012
- Notice to CBI over arms dealer Nanda's bail plea - Apr 10, 2008
- Delhi High Court issues notice to CBI on arms deal - Apr 11, 2008
- CBI to grill Nandas for three days - Mar 11, 2008
- Abhishek Verma, wife granted bail, arrested afresh - Aug 08, 2012