Armed robbers loot train in BiharMarch 5th, 2008 - 12:27 pm ICT by admin
Patna, March 5 (IANS) Five people were injured, three critically, when armed robbers looted passengers of a train passing through Bihar, the railway police said here Wednesday. The incident took place on the Maurya Express that was going from Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh to Hatia in Jharkhand. The robbers got on at Barauni late Tuesday posing as passengers and began looting at gunpoint soon after.
The three critically injured passengers have been admitted to a government hospital in Kieul, said an official.
“Armed robbers looted cash and valuables including gold ornaments and cell phones worth lakhs of rupees from the passengers of a sleeper bogie and injured some of them,” he said.
“When the passengers tried to resist, the robbers assaulted them with revolver butts and also opened fire.”
The criminals escaped. The passengers complained that a Government Railway Police (GRP) escort team on the train did not challenge the robbers.
- Armed men loot, assault train passengers in Bihar (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2010
- Armed men loot train passengers in Bihar - Jan 22, 2011
- Train looted in Bihar - Jul 20, 2010
- Armed men loot, assault train passengers in Bihar (Lead) - Aug 06, 2010
- Train passengers robbed, assaulted in Bihar - Aug 06, 2010
- Another train robbery in Bihar - Aug 21, 2010
- Armed men loot, assault passengers on Pune-Patna train - Mar 11, 2011
- Two trains looted in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 20, 2010
- Another train robbery in Bihar - Aug 09, 2010
- Train passengers robbed in Bihar - Jul 06, 2012
- Train robbers strike again in Andhra Pradesh - Jul 11, 2010
- Armed men loot passengers in Bihar - Feb 23, 2010
- Armed dacoits rob train in Bihar, 13 injured - Aug 06, 2010
- Another train robbery in Bihar, six injured - Aug 09, 2010
- Train passenger resisting robbery bid shot dead - May 14, 2009