Armed robbers loot Rs.20 million in DelhiAugust 14th, 2008 - 11:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 14 (IANS) A city based chartered accountant told the police Thursday that four masked men looted Rs.20 million kept in the office safe after holding him and his staff at gunpoint in his east Delhi office. Hari Bhushan, who runs Vaishno Mata CA office in the Mandawali’s Madhu Vihar area, said in his police complaint that four masked robbers barged into his office, pointed their guns at him and three staff members, and took away two bags of cash kept in the locker around 8.30 p.m. Wednesday.
Bhushan said the bags contained all the delivery money that was to be passed on to some people.
“It wasn’t my money and was only kept in the locker for safe keep. After taking the money, the robbers fled in a Santro car,” Bhushan said.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (East Delhi) Ajay Choudhary said they had registered a case of robbery and were verifying the statement of Bhushan and his staff.
“But we are wondering why they delayed in reporting the incident for over three hours despite having all the cell phones and phone intact and there was nothing holding them back from reporting the matter immediately”.
- Finance company office looted - May 10, 2011
- Jeweller's house looted at gunpoint - Nov 30, 2011
- Armed men rob Rs.7.4 lakh in Gurgaon - May 02, 2011
- Muthoot robbery solved, six arrested (Lead) - Dec 02, 2010
- Sreedharan on Vaishno Devi Board - Mar 27, 2012
- Vaishno Devi Gurukul gets affiliated to Varanasi varsity - Sep 11, 2012
- Pakistan bank, phone shop robbed - Jul 20, 2012
- Jewellery shop looted in Ghaziabad - Feb 07, 2012
- Two armed robberies in Delhi - Jun 17, 2011
- Armed robbers loot Rs.15 lakh in Noida, nabbed, money recovered (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Man shoots himself over failed love affair - Oct 13, 2011
- Delhi businessman robbed of Rs.1.5 mn - Aug 22, 2009
- Two die in failed robbery - Mar 12, 2012
- Rs.9 mn looted from Karachi bank - Apr 15, 2011
- Rs.40 lakh robbed from jeweller's house - Apr 07, 2011