Armed robbers loot Rs.15 lakh in Noida, nabbed, money recovered (Lead)August 6th, 2012 - 9:21 pm ICT by IANS
Noida, Aug 6 (IANS) Two robbers, who looted over Rs.15 lakh in cash from a reputed retail outlet in Great India Place mall in Sector 39 here, were overpowered by a mob and taken into custody, police said.
Police said two men looted the money at gunpoint from an agent of Home Town store on the ground and upper-ground floors of the mall. Around 1.30 p.m., when the store’s agent Satendra stepped out with Rs.15.40 lakh in a bag, the two men snatched the bag and tried to flee.
When a security guard, Rajesh Mishra, tried to stop them, the robbers fired at him. The gunshot attracted a crowd, which attempted to nab the duo.
As the robbers reached the mall’s exit, autorickshaw driver Mukesh tried to stop them. Despite being shot, he scuffled with the robbers even as the crowd ran up and caught hold of the robbers. The mob beat them up severely before handing them over to police.
“Security guard Rajesh Mishra and autorickshaw driver Mukesh have been admitted to Vinayak Hospital. The robbers, identified as Vikram and Guddu, have been admitted to Kailash Hospital. Two pistols and the entire cash have been recovered from them,” said Superintendent of Police (City) Yogesh Singh.
He added: “They have confessed to their crime and have revealed that Babu, their third accomplice, was waiting outside on a motorcycle. He escaped in the melee. Attempts are being made to arrest him.”
- Man robbed at Noida mall, two hurt in shootout - Aug 06, 2012
- Gold finance company robbed - Jun 22, 2012
- Tata Motors recovery agent shot, robbed - Oct 27, 2010
- Rs.5 lakh looted, businessman injured - Jun 11, 2012
- 10 arrested for Rs.3 crore Delhi robbery - Aug 07, 2011
- Rs.50 lakh stolen from clerk's house, recovered - Dec 08, 2010
- Man resisting robbery bid shot - Jan 19, 2012
- Bike-borne men loot Rs.32 lakh - Apr 28, 2011
- Dacoits loot Karachi bank of Rs.9.6 mn - Aug 10, 2011
- Bank robbery: Rs.63.5 lakh seized in Uttar Pradesh (Lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- Rs.34 lakh looted in Greater Noida (Lead) - Mar 02, 2010
- Pakistan bank, phone shop robbed - Jul 20, 2012
- Shop staff looted of Rs.18 lakh in Ghaziabad - Jan 11, 2010
- Rs.7 lakh looted from bank in Jharkhand - Jun 14, 2012
- Armed men loot, assault passengers on Pune-Patna train - Mar 11, 2011
Tags: accomplice, armed robbers, ground floors, guddu, gunpoint, gunshot, india place, lakh, loot, melee, mishra, mob, mukesh, police security, rajesh, retail outlet, security guard, two pistols, vikram, yogesh