Armed men loot Rs.18 lakh from house in HaryanaMay 5th, 2011 - 12:10 am ICT by IANS
Kalka (Haryana), May 4 (IANS) Armed men wearing masks broke into a house in a residential colony in this Haryana town early Wednesday and looted cash and jewellery worth Rs.18 lakh, police said.
According to the police, the heist occured at the house of Neha in Bharat Nagar colony of Kalka, about 25 km from Chandigarh, around 2.30 a.m. Wednesday when the occupants of the house were sleeping.
“There were around nine masked men carrying pistols and swords, who jumped the boundary wall and broke into the house. For nearly an hour, they ransacked the house and decamped with cash and jewellery worth Rs.18 lakh,” inspector Mukesh Kumar, station house officer of Kalka police station, told IANS.
According to him, there were around five people in the house, including Neha and Sweety. They reported the incident to the local municipal councillor, Kulwinder Singh, who informed the police.
- West Delhi area rocked by four robberies in 90 minutes - Jan 10, 2011
- Noida house burgled, lakhs missing - Jul 13, 2011
- Delhi house robbed while family was away - Feb 03, 2011
- Servant loots former employer's house - May 04, 2011
- Assailants rob retired principal's house, 1 held - Apr 23, 2012
- Flat of ex-poll official's son burgled - Jan 15, 2012
- 20 of family kept hostage as robbers ransack home - Jul 16, 2010
- Three held for robbery in capital - Feb 09, 2011
- Two armed robberies in Delhi - Jun 17, 2011
- Jewellery shop looted in Ghaziabad - Feb 07, 2012
- Robbers loot over Rs.4 lakhs in Ghaziabad - Jun 07, 2010
- Rs.12 lakh jewellery stolen from Lucknow shop - May 17, 2012
- Rajya Sabha official's house burgled - Oct 13, 2011
- Newly recruited servent drugs employer, decamps with jewellery - Jan 29, 2011
- Jewellery worth Rs.14.5 lakh stolen from Delhi house - Jan 26, 2011
Tags: armed men, boundary wall, chandigarh, decamped, haryana, heist, house officer, kalka, lakh, loot, municipal councillor, neha, occupants, occured, pistols, police station, station house, swords, wearing masks, worth rs