Armed men flee with businessman’s car in Greater NoidaApril 12th, 2008 - 3:09 pm ICT by admin
Noida, April 12 (IANS) Three unidentified men fled with the Santro car of a businessman as well as his belongings after forcing the driver off the car at gun point, police said here Saturday. The men requested the driver of businessman Kamal Mehta, a resident of Gamma I sector of Greater Noida, for a lift late Friday night as he was returning to his own home after dropping Mehta.
According the Assistant Superintendent of Police, Greater Noida, Avdhesh Kumar Vijaita, the driver, Ram Dev, accepted the request of the men for a lift and asked them to sit in the back seat. After travelling about three kilometres, the three men threw out the driver from the moving car at gunpoint and fled with the car and Mehta’s belongings that were in the car near Surajpur police station.
The driver offered the lift in order to earn a few extra rupees. After the incident, the driver informed the police.
The Inspector General of Uttar Pradesh police V.K. Gupta, who was in the town, has inspected the site and directed policemen to nab the criminals.
- Police gun down criminal - Jan 05, 2011
- Armed assailants rob car in Noida - Nov 23, 2010
- Husband of village pradhan shot dead - Sep 23, 2011
- Rs.52 lakh looted from home of Ghaziabad businessman - Jun 18, 2010
- Student killed in road accident - Dec 28, 2010
- Cop found dead in car at Noida - Apr 02, 2012
- Fog causes multiple accidents on Greater Noida Expressway - Dec 26, 2010
- Robbers flee with media house vehicle after attacking driver - Jul 21, 2009
- Doctor robbed of car, cash in Greater Noida - Jan 06, 2012
- Four killed in Rajasthan bus accident - Apr 28, 2012
- Two men crushed by speeding truck - Dec 31, 2010
- Two kids killed by speeding car, driver dies - Feb 17, 2012
- Women's panel slams Noida police for naming rape victim - Feb 27, 2012
- Professor shot, robbed of car in Greater Noida - Feb 14, 2010
- Car jacker turns out to be Seemapuri gang rape accused - Feb 09, 2011