Armed dacoits rob bus passengersMarch 14th, 2012 - 12:02 am ICT by IANS
Jaipur, March 13 (IANS) Around a dozen armed dacoits robbed a state transport bus at knife point, stabbing four people including two passengers in Rajasthan’s Udaipur district late Monday night, police told IANS Tuesday.
According to the police, the incident took place in Sayara area of Udaipur district, some 400 km from Jaipur.
“The Rajasthan State Roadways bus carrying around 20 passengers was on its way to Udaipur from Jodhpur Monday night. When the driver saw stones blocking the road, he applied the brake. Some armed men barged into the vehicle as soon as it stopped on the roadside and stabbed the driver and the conductor,” said a police officer.
He added that the robbers started threatening the passengers at knife point. “When two of the passengers tried to protest, they injured them also,” said the officer.
The robbers then searched the passengers’ luggage and snatched their purses and jewellery.
When some other vehicles pulled up hearing the noise, the robbers got off and ran away into the nearby forest area.
The driver then called up the police control room and informed about the robbery.
The police have not been able to arrest any of the robbers.
- Roadways bus looted in Ghaziabad - Mar 28, 2011
- Six killed in Rajasthan accident - Jul 27, 2012
- Four killed in Rajasthan bus accident - Apr 28, 2012
- 4 killed, 10 injured in Bikaner road accident - Apr 26, 2012
- Three killed, 25 injured in Rajasthan accident - Apr 16, 2012
- 35 injured in Rajasthan clash - Jan 15, 2012
- Body of day-old girl found in well in Rajasthan - Jun 12, 2012
- Bus passengers lynch robber in Mexico - May 25, 2012
- Seven run over by truck in Jodhpur - May 29, 2012
- Two elderly women stabbed to death in Delhi (lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- UP cop hit by speeding bus, critical - Jun 25, 2012
- Another train robbery in Bihar - Aug 21, 2010
- Driver kills six tourist passengers - Oct 05, 2011
- Shutdown widespread in Rajasthan - Sep 20, 2012
- Villagers lynch two dacoits - Jul 26, 2011
Tags: armed men, bus passengers, conductor, dacoits, forest area, jewellery, knife point, luggage, monday night, nearby forest, other vehicles, police officer, purses, rajasthan state, robbers, robbery, state roadways, transport bus, udaipur