Armaan sixth quickest in F2 pre-season testingMarch 23rd, 2011 - 5:35 pm ICT by IANS
Silverstone, March 23 (IANS) India’s Armaan Ebrahim warmed up for the forthcoming Formula 2 season by posting the sixth quickest timing in the first of the two pre-season testing here Tuesday.
After missing nearly an hour of track time due to late arrival of his seat, the 21-year old Armaan clocked a best of one minute, 50.747 seconds on new tyres and using the boost while completing a total of 59 laps over the renovated 5.9 Kms circuit.
Another Indian entry, Parthiva Sureshwaren, also returning to Formula 2 series, clocked a best of 1:54.455 while completing 60 laps.
On his performance, Armaan said: “I didn’t have a good start since my seat arrived late and I missed almost the entire first hour of the morning session though I put in one lap before the session ended. In the second hour, two red flags interrupted my flying laps.
“However, I had a good afternoon session after lunch and I could have finished much higher on new tyres, but twice I used the boost late and lost fractions.
“This is the first time I am driving on the new layout at the Silverstone circuit and I was more focused on understanding the new corners more accurately rather than trying to put in quick lap times.
“Overall, I am quite happy to finish in the top six as we achieved the targets set out by us for this test. Topping the time sheets in a test was not our objective, but to learn the track and get a good balance with the car is what we set out to achieve.”
The next pre-season testing is at Snetterton before the season’s opening two rounds at Silverstone scheduled for April 15-17.
- Armaan clocks top-10 time in the wet weather - Mar 31, 2011
- Armaan set for fresh Formula 2 season - Apr 14, 2011
- Parthiva Sureshwaren returns to Formula 2 - Feb 13, 2012
- Armaan hopeful of improved show at Spa round of F2 season - Jun 23, 2011
- Armaan in UK for Formula 2 pre-season testing - Mar 21, 2011
- Armaan finishes sixth at Brands Hatch - Jul 24, 2011
- Firestone Indy Lights: Armaan eighth quickest in practice - Mar 08, 2012
- Armaan set for maiden Indy race - Mar 23, 2012
- i1 Series car gets the nod from drivers - Dec 20, 2011
- Karthikeyan hits track as HRT unveils 2012 car - Mar 06, 2012
- Ajith Kumar signs up Formula-2 Championship 2010 - Mar 25, 2010
- Armaan on pace at Magny-Cours - May 12, 2011
- Armaan hoping for a turnaround with Brands Hatch F2 race - Jul 21, 2011
- Narain ninth quickest in Barcelona test - Feb 19, 2011
- Force India's Hulkenberg sets second fastest time in Barcelona - Feb 22, 2012