Armaan sixth quickest in F2 pre-season testingMarch 23rd, 2011 - 5:35 pm ICT by IANS
Silverstone, March 23 (IANS) India’s Armaan Ebrahim warmed up for the forthcoming Formula 2 season by posting the sixth quickest timing in the first of the two pre-season testing here Tuesday.
After missing nearly an hour of track time due to late arrival of his seat, the 21-year old Armaan clocked a best of one minute, 50.747 seconds on new tyres and using the boost while completing a total of 59 laps over the renovated 5.9 Kms circuit.
Another Indian entry, Parthiva Sureshwaren, also returning to Formula 2 series, clocked a best of 1:54.455 while completing 60 laps.
On his performance, Armaan said: “I didn’t have a good start since my seat arrived late and I missed almost the entire first hour of the morning session though I put in one lap before the session ended. In the second hour, two red flags interrupted my flying laps.
“However, I had a good afternoon session after lunch and I could have finished much higher on new tyres, but twice I used the boost late and lost fractions.
“This is the first time I am driving on the new layout at the Silverstone circuit and I was more focused on understanding the new corners more accurately rather than trying to put in quick lap times.
“Overall, I am quite happy to finish in the top six as we achieved the targets set out by us for this test. Topping the time sheets in a test was not our objective, but to learn the track and get a good balance with the car is what we set out to achieve.”
The next pre-season testing is at Snetterton before the season’s opening two rounds at Silverstone scheduled for April 15-17.
- Armaan clocks top-10 time in the wet weather - Mar 31, 2011
- Armaan set for fresh Formula 2 season - Apr 14, 2011
- Parthiva Sureshwaren returns to Formula 2 - Feb 13, 2012
- Armaan hopeful of improved show at Spa round of F2 season - Jun 23, 2011
- Armaan in UK for Formula 2 pre-season testing - Mar 21, 2011
- Armaan finishes sixth at Brands Hatch - Jul 24, 2011
- Firestone Indy Lights: Armaan eighth quickest in practice - Mar 08, 2012
- Armaan set for maiden Indy race - Mar 23, 2012
- i1 Series car gets the nod from drivers - Dec 20, 2011
- Karthikeyan hits track as HRT unveils 2012 car - Mar 06, 2012
- Ajith Kumar signs up Formula-2 Championship 2010 - Mar 25, 2010
- Armaan on pace at Magny-Cours - May 12, 2011
- Armaan hoping for a turnaround with Brands Hatch F2 race - Jul 21, 2011
- Narain ninth quickest in Barcelona test - Feb 19, 2011
- Force India's Hulkenberg sets second fastest time in Barcelona - Feb 22, 2012
Tags: afternoon session, ebrahim, formula 2, fractions, good afternoon, India, lap times, laps, late arrival, lunch, morning session, new layout, objective, red flags, silverstone circuit, snetterton, targets, time sheets, track time, tyres