Arjun’s real life birthday in reelNovember 29th, 2011 - 1:36 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 29 (IANS) Ajun Rampal recently turned 39 and celebrated his birthday on the first day shooting for “Heroine” as it’s his character’s birthday and the sequence is used in the movie. The actor isn’t sure whether director Madhur Bhandarkar planned it.
According to a source, Arjun plays an on-the-rise actor who latches on to the top actress of the day. The birthday sequence that Bhandarkar shot for Arjun’s character fell on Arjun’s birthday.
“I don’t know if Madhur planned it that way. But we ended up shooting my character’s birthday cake-cutting scene on my birthday on Saturday. Normally, you’ve a star cutting a cake on his birthday on the sets. But doing it on camera in character is, I think slightly unusual,” said Arjun whose birthday was on Nov 26.
The national award winning actor is all praise for his “Heroine” co-star Kareena Kapoor.
“She looked stunning at the shooting,” said the actor who also celebrated a quiet birthday with family and close friends.
“Nothing major. Just a small get-together for close friends. The past year has been pretty eventful. I hope the coming year too remains the same way,” he said.
Recently Arjun has turned a TV host for a show called “Luv To Hate You” where we hear, he is trying to convince his close friends from the film industry, including Karan Johar, Hrithik Roshan and Shah Rukh Khan, to come face-to-face with the one ‘fan’ who purports to hate them the most.
Apparently, the three celebrities have expressed misgivings to Arjun about confronting their pet hate.
“I am sure they all would agree to come on my show. I recorded an episode with Farah Khan and Farhan Akhtar recently. By the end of the show, their supposed haters ended up loving their objects of proclaimed detestation,” he said.
Arjun warns he won’t be taking the Bollywood route alone on his show.
“I want to invite cricketers, politicians and celebrities from every walk of life. When I wrap up my season of the show, I want to feel I’ve done something beyond just an ordinary chat show.”
- Arjun wraps up 'Love 2 Hate U' shoot - Jan 20, 2012
- Kareena's birthday surprise for Bhandarkar (With Images) - Aug 27, 2012
- Big B busy composing music (Movie Snippets) - Mar 16, 2012
- I did make suggestions for changes in 'Heroine': Arjun - Nov 24, 2011
- 'Heroine' gets A-certificate (Movie Snippets) - Jul 14, 2012
- Sonam Kapoor turns 26, gets chocolate cake from sister - Jun 09, 2011
- 'Heroine' is a beautiful love story: Arjun Rampal - Jan 13, 2012
- SRK can't stay idle (Movie Snippets) - Nov 06, 2011
- Bollywood incomplete without Salman: Kareena - Sep 18, 2012
- Saif will announce official wedding date, says Kareena - Jul 26, 2012
- Karisma my biggest critic, liked my 'Heroine' performance: Kareena - Sep 18, 2012
- I want to do something special for Pran saab: Arjun Rampal - Apr 26, 2012
- Kareena perfect choice for 'Heroine', says Priyanka - Dec 20, 2011
- Who's likely to head to Cannes from B-Town? - Apr 07, 2012
- Arjun feels like vampire (Movie Snippets) - Dec 17, 2011
Tags: actress, ajun, arjun, birthday cake, close friends, co star, detestation, farah khan, farhan, film industry, haters, heroine, hrithik roshan, johar, kareena kapoor, madhur bhandarkar, misgivings, politicians, shah rukh khan, tv host