Arjun Singh to lay foundation stone of IIT Orissa ThursdayFebruary 11th, 2009 - 2:46 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Feb 11 (IANS) Human Resource Development Minister Arjun Singh will lay the foundation stone of the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) in Orissa Thursday, an official said.Arjun Singh was to lay the foundation stone Wednesday but the programme was rescheduled, an official of the industry department told IANS.
IIT in Bhubaneswar is one of the six new IITs that started functioning from the academic year 2008-09. At least 120 students have been admitted in three disciplines: civil, electrical and mechanical engineering.
As the campus and building have not yet been built, the students are studying along with students of IIT Kharagpur.
The foundation stone will be laid in the proposed 936 acre campus on the outskirts of Bhubaneswar. The permanent campus of the IIT Bhubaneswar will come up near Argul village, about 20 km from here.
- New IIT campus in Orissa to be complete in four years (Lead) - Feb 11, 2009
- Manmohan Singh arrives in Bhubaneswar - Dec 27, 2009
- Kapil Sibal lays foundation of IIT-Patna campus - Apr 19, 2011
- Arjun Singh to lay foundation stone of IIT, Bhubaneswar today - Feb 12, 2009
- Manmohan Singh to inaugurate IEA conference in Bhubaneswar - Dec 26, 2009
- PM to lay foundation stone of Tata research institute in Hyderabad - Oct 19, 2010
- Students plan protest during PM's Hyderabad University visit - Oct 18, 2010
- Schulich business school to set up campus in Hyderabad - Jul 11, 2011
- Poverty declined after reforms in India: PM (Lead) - Dec 27, 2009
- Expand human resource pool in science, technology: PM - Oct 19, 2010
- IIT Rajasthan to leave Kanpur campus - Dec 14, 2009
- Arjun Singh to lay foundation stone of IIT, Indore today - Feb 17, 2009
- Poverty declined after economic reforms but still major challenge: PM (Second lead) - Dec 27, 2009
- President Patil to lay foundation of IGNOU campus - Aug 30, 2011
- Arjun Singh to lay foundation stone of IIT Ropar today - Feb 24, 2009