Arguing during honeymoon could spell marriage doomAugust 19th, 2011 - 11:49 am ICT by IANS
London, Aug 19 (IANS) Honeymooners who believe that indulging in verbal duels during their most romantic phase of married life is just another insignificant incident should think twice before starting off an argument.
Researchers have found honeymoon couples that argue are more likely to have a stormy marriage over the long term compared with newlyweds that get on well, Daily Mail reported.
Conducted by Ohio State University over a 20-year period, the study into marital strife found there was little change in the amount of conflict over time.
The study of almost 1,000 husbands and wives found little change in the rate of rows between them over the course of 20 years.
As the couples grow older together their rate of arguing is likely to stay the same, which will be reassuring for the 16 percent who fall out infrequently and the six out of 10 whose rows are rare, says the study.
For 22 percent of couples who say they have arguments on their honeymoon, however, it is more likely that they will go on to do the same throughout their married life.
- Frequent sex 'protects' neurotic people's marital happiness - Dec 08, 2010
- How you fight with your spouse can predict the fate of your marriage - Sep 29, 2010
- Kids may be killing your marital joy - Jul 03, 2012
- On the rise: Divorces under 25 - Dec 29, 2011
- Shared commute key to good marriage? - Jul 23, 2012
- Malaysian state tries to unite quarrelling couples - Apr 13, 2010
- Marriage, divorce play role in weight gain - Aug 23, 2011
- Frequent sex makes neurotic newlyweds happy - Dec 09, 2010
- Level of tiffs between spouses remains same over years - Aug 16, 2011
- Married couples take turns to win arguments - Apr 19, 2011
- Newly-weds argue, commit suicide in Pakistan - Apr 24, 2012
- Married couples 'focus on maintaining fairness in their relationships' - Apr 18, 2011
- Average Brit couple argues 312 times a year - Jan 19, 2011
- Will-Kat postponed honeymoon 'weeks ago' following location speculation - May 02, 2011
- Would you let an airline play matchmaker for you? (The Funny Side) - Jun 15, 2012