Argentine woman set ablaze by boyfriend diesFebruary 22nd, 2012 - 12:06 pm ICT by IANS
Buenos Aires, Feb 22 (IANS/EFE) A 17-year-old Argentine woman set on fire by her boyfriend died after six agonizing days in a hospital with burns over 75 percent of her body, authorities said Tuesday.
Maira Torchelli died of “multiple organ failure”, the Buenos Aires provincial government said.
She had been admitted in a critical state a week ago to San Martin Hospital in La Plata, 60 km south of the Argentine capital.
The incident occurred in the town of Wilde, when neighbours of the couple heard a fierce argument and later saw Torchelli being consumed by flames.
She managed to tell them that she had poured alcohol over herself but it was her boyfriend who set her on fire with a lighter.
- Wife indicted in Argentine governor's death - Feb 03, 2012
- Woman killed son, now hangs herself in Argentine jail - Apr 17, 2012
- Three women, child killed in Argentine apartment - Nov 28, 2011
- Model convicted of drug smuggling in Argentina - Nov 04, 2011
- Storm leaves 12 dead in Argentina - Apr 06, 2012
- Argentine ex-spy accused of sex trafficking - Jan 31, 2012
- Julio Iglesias to hold concerts in Argentina - Feb 06, 2012
- Maradona's mother is dead - Nov 21, 2011
- Argentina may issue currency with Evita's likeness - Jun 04, 2012
- Argentine president recovering after cancer surgery - Jan 06, 2012
- 10 cops charged in gang rape of teenaged boy - Jan 22, 2012
- Argentine radio host wounded in botched robbery - Mar 14, 2012
- Argentine comedian Jorge Luz is dead - Jul 16, 2012
- Teenage soccer fan gunned down in Argentina - May 01, 2012
- Hundreds of fossils found outside Argentina's capital - Apr 20, 2012