Are ‘Chamku’ and ‘Mukhbiir’ thematically similar?August 30th, 2008 - 9:11 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 30 (IANS) Those who have seen the newly released films “Chamku” and “Mukhbiir” say they are thematically similar, but Bobby Deol and Sammir Dattani, who play the respective lead roles in the films, don’t agree.”Is ‘Mukhbiir’ really similar to ‘Chamku’? I don’t know. In my film, I go from a boy in Bihar to a migrant in Mumbai. I don’t know what the story of ‘Mukhbiir’ is,” Bobby told IANS.
Both the films explore the genesis and psychology of terrorism and how closely it is linked to the establishment’s official network.
Asked about the similarities between “Mukhbiir” and “Chamku”, Sammir said: “There might be some resemblance in theme. And in both I think the protagonist is part of government-sponsored and illegal organisations.
“But finally every director has his own vision. I think the way Kabeer Kaushik will tell Bobby’s story will be very different from the way Mani Shankar has told my character’s story.”
He added: “For that matter, both ‘Mumbai Meri Jaan’ and ‘A Wednesday’, which are being released within two weeks, have the July 11 Mumbai train blasts as their backdrop. But they’re very different films.”
Interestingly, Bobby and Sammir share more than just similar films releasing on the same Friday. They also share the same birth date.
“Bobby and I were born on Jan 27. I’ve met him. He seems to be as laid back, hassle-free and positive in attitude as me. We’ve another factor in common. Director Vikram Bhatt, who is very close to Bobby and whom I grew close to while doing ‘Life Mein Kabhie Kabhiee’. Coincidentally, Vikram too shares our birth date,” said Sammir.
- This is the time for action films, says Sonu Sood - Jun 19, 2012
- Ramadan affects 'Rock On', 'Mukhbiir' prospects - Aug 28, 2008
- Aamir spotted at 'I Hate Luv Storys' celebration party - Jul 20, 2010
- Imran, Punit Solo At 'I Hate Luv Storys' Celebration Party - Jul 20, 2010
- Length of a role doesn't matter to Naseer - Jun 19, 2012
- 'Cocktail' has promoted itself: producer - Jul 11, 2012
- Sammir-Minissha starrer WELL DONE ABBA at Montreal World Film Festival - Sep 08, 2009
- From real to reel: Reality inspires more Bollywood films - Jun 17, 2012
- Music of Bollywood film ''Chamku'' released in Mumbai - Jul 30, 2008
- Can't compare myself with Bipasha: Esha Gupta - Aug 08, 2012
- Boldness a state of mind: Bengali actress Paoli Dam (Interview) - Apr 20, 2012
- 'Mukhbiir' a spy film blended with emotions: Mani Shankar (Interview) - Aug 28, 2008
- Picking Bollywood dance like brushing teeth: Hazel Keech - Jun 02, 2012
- The acting offers I got didn't excite me: Punit Malhotra - Jul 03, 2010
- Can't wait to work with Madhuri again: Naseeruddin - Jun 18, 2012