ArcelorMittal wins EU approval for JV with Swedish firmApril 11th, 2008 - 1:09 am ICT by admin
Brussels, April 10 (Xinhua) ArcelorMittal, the world’s largest steel maker, won approval from the European Union (EU) Thursday to form a flat carbon steel joint venture (JV) with Swedish company BE Sverige. “The proposed transaction would not impede effective competition,” the European Commission said in a statement.
ArcelorMittal was a leading global steel company based in Luxembourg. BE Sverige, which belongs to BE Group, is a steel distribution company on the Scandinavian market and is active in the steel service centre sector in Sweden.
Steel service centres specialise in the finishing and processing of steel for the purpose of fabricating, plating or moulding steel parts.
The 50-50 JV would combine the steel service centre activities of the parties in Sweden.
ArcelorMittal said last month it would create the third largest player in the market with sales of more than 80 million euros ($126.4 million) per year.
- S&P; cuts ArcelorMittal ratings to junk status - Aug 03, 2012
- EU approves acquisition of Dutch company by ArcelorMittal - Jul 08, 2009
- ArcelorMittal, partner nearing absolute control of Baffinland - Feb 08, 2011
- ArcelorMittal hikes bid for Canadian iron ore giant - Jan 01, 2011
- Rival betters ArcelorMittal's offer for Toronto mining company - Jan 03, 2011
- ArcelorMittal Liberia announces first iron ore shipment - Mar 20, 2012
- Jharkhand considering MoU renewal for ArcelorMittal steel plant - Aug 01, 2012
- ArcelorMittal to set up steel mill in Iraq - Mar 16, 2010
- Belgian trade union files complaint against ArcelorMittal - Feb 21, 2012
- Arcelor, partner in virtual takeover of iron-ore giant - Feb 19, 2011
- ArcelorMittal says it won't extend Canadian takeover offer - Dec 23, 2010
- Arcelor-Mittal signs $6 bn credit facility agreement - Mar 22, 2011
- ArcelorMittal again gets nod from Canadian company for takeover - Jan 05, 2011
- ArcelorMittal forced to up bid for Canadian iron-ore giant - Dec 20, 2010
- ArcelorMittal again extends bid for Canadian ore company - Jan 11, 2011