Arasangam: Predictable (Review)May 11th, 2008 - 9:24 am ICT by admin
By Ayyappa Prasad
Film: “Arasangam”; Cast: Vijaykanth, Navneet Kaur, Biju Menon and Rahul Dev. Direction: Madhesh; Music: Srikant Deva. Stars: ** Chennai, May 10 (IANS) Actor-turned-politician Vijaykanth predictably utters punch lines galore interpretable by his fans as verbal brownie points scored against bigger political opponents in “Arasangam” (government).
This Madhesh-directed venture accords legislator Vijaykanth a free hand to exhibit enough brains and brawn to trigger endorsement from a rural audience.
Vijaykanth plays ‘Arivarasu’ - a name that translates into English as ‘monarch of intelligence’ - heading a police training academy and living a nondescript, happily married (wife played by Punjab import Navneet Kaur, wasted) existence.
Extricated from mothballs following the murder of vital scientists and entrepreneurs who have created a pathbreaking invention to help India and the kidnap of a vital police officer-cum-brother-in-law Manoj (Biju Menon, adequate), Arivarasu is asked to solve the mysteries.
Instead of being another Rambo, Arivarasu uses his brain, traipses around Canada where he is assisted by Lara, a Royal Canadian Mounted Police officer (Seril Brindo), rescues Manoj and extricates the nation’s future from the baddies headed by Chandru (Rahul Dev, no surprises) eventually.
Vijaykanth acts his age and puts in a spirited performance. The action is slickly choreographed by “Rocky” Rajesh.
Director Madhesh has arrayed enough scantily clad females to entertain the frontbenchers.
In a word, ‘Arasangam’ is a treat for diehard Vijaykanth fans thanks to a passably decent screenplay.
- Christian Brothers Likely To Release On Oct 18 - Sep 07, 2010
- Anjolie Ela Menon's biography released as she turns 70 - Jul 16, 2010
- Gowtham Menon Kick-Starts Hindi VTV - Jul 28, 2010
- Poonam Rani to lead India's challenge in U-21 hockey - Nov 02, 2011
- Pooja Gandhi's sister injured - Jan 16, 2010
- 3 booked for abetting suicide of colleague - May 19, 2011
- Punjab village mourns its son who never returned - Dec 04, 2011
- Rahul, Varun among young MPs to witness army exercise - Nov 08, 2011
- Canada opposition leader seeks review of Bhullar death sentence - Jun 15, 2011
- India to increase personnel in missions in Gulf countries - Dec 07, 2011
- 'Sankat City' - well-spun thriller, but not slick enough (IANS Film Review; Rating: ***) - Jul 11, 2009
- India draw with Australia in U-21 women's hockey - Nov 09, 2011
- Is Suriya Replacing Ajith Kumar In 'Thuppariyum Anand'? - Sep 02, 2010
- Six arrested for robbery in Delhi - Jun 16, 2012
- Movie Review : Raat Gayi Baat Gayi (2010) - Jan 02, 2010