Apple reports record quarterly revenue, earningsJanuary 25th, 2012 - 1:15 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, Jan 25 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Apple has posted record quarterly revenue of $46.33 billion and record quarterly net profit of $13.06 billion in the first quarter of the fiscal 2012 which ended Dec 31, 2011.
The company said in a statement Tuesday that it had achieved an all-time record in quarterly sales of its iPhones, iPads and Mac computers.
Apple sold 37.04 million iPhones in the quarter, representing 128 percent unit growth year-on-year.
The company sold 15.43 million iPads during the quarter, a 111 percent unit increase year-on-year, and 5.2 million Macs, a 26 percent unit increase year-on-year.
“Apple’s momentum is incredibly strong, and we have some amazing new products in the pipeline,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO.
According to unofficial sources, Apple may introduce two new iPad models in the next few weeks. Apple’s tablet computers dominate their segment, occupying about two-thirds of the world market.
“Looking ahead to the second fiscal quarter of 2012, which will span 13 weeks, we expect revenue of about $32.5 billion and we expect diluted earnings per share of about $8.50,” said Peter Oppenheimer, Apple’s CFO.
- Apple sells every iPad made, profits zoom up 125 percent (Lead) - Jul 20, 2011
- Apple sells every iPad, profits jump 125 percent - Jul 20, 2011
- Apple Profits Soar From Strong iMac And iPad Sales - Jul 21, 2010
- Apple quarterly results exceed expectations - Apr 25, 2012
- Apple doubles profit on solid iPhone sales - Apr 25, 2012
- Jobs turns loser Apple into a big winner - Oct 06, 2011
- Apple CEO Attacks Rivals At Quarterly Earning Call - Oct 19, 2010
- Despite record profits, Apple disappoints Wall Street - Oct 19, 2011
- Apple becomes most valuable company in history - Aug 21, 2012
- US stocks end higher - Jan 26, 2012
- Apple releases preview of new Mac operating system - Feb 17, 2012
- Apple's app store crosses 15 billion downloads - Jul 08, 2011
- Mini-laptop market to shrink by 40 mn in 2012 - Dec 08, 2011
- Apple unveils MacBook Air - thinnest, lightest laptop - Oct 21, 2010
- Chinese teen sells kidney to buy iPad 2 - Jun 03, 2011
Tags: cfo, earnings per share, first quarter, fiscal quarter, ipads, iphones, mac computers, momentum, net profit, peter oppenheimer, pipeline, quarterly revenue, quarterly sales, ria novosti, tablet computers, tim cook, time record, two thirds, unofficial sources, world market