Apex court revives trial in DDA land scamFebruary 25th, 2008 - 10:48 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Feb 25 (IANS) The Supreme Court Monday revived a criminal case against two former Delhi Development Authority (DDA) officials for an alleged move to allot land to private real estate firm DLF Universals at throw-away prices. A bench of Justice Ashok Bhan and Justice Dalveer Bhandari revived the trial of DDA’s former vice-chairman and suspended Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer Subhash Sharma and former DDA commissioner (land disposal) A.M Sharan by scrapping a Delhi High Court judgement.
The high court in November 2006 had stalled the trial against the two along with some other individuals by quashing the case of criminal conspiracy, lodged by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
“We can say without any hesitation on the basis of the averments and allegations incorporated in the FIR and the charge-sheet of the CBI that the high court was not justified in quashing them,” said the bench.
It was an offshoot criminal case of what has come to be known as the DDA land scam, in which a sacked Delhi High Court judge, Justice Shammeet Mukherkjee, is also facing prosecution for delivering verdicts favouring various businessmen in land allotment cases.
In the present case, Sharma and Sharan were accused of plotting cheap allotment of DDA land to DLF Universal in collusion with several businessmen, including Dharmbeer Khattar, Ajay Khanna, Raveendra Taneja, G.R. Gogia and Mukesh Saini.
- Registrar of societies fined Rs.10,000 - Apr 24, 2011
- Delhi High Court directs DDA to take encroached land back - May 02, 2012
- Nod given for occupying flats in Dwarka society, court told - Nov 21, 2011
- SC reserves order in Mayawati's assets case (Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Court tells DDA to allot house plots in Rohini - Mar 14, 2012
- Ghai suffers setback over land allocation - Apr 04, 2012
- Housing scam: Ex-registrar to stand trial - May 07, 2012
- CBI probe recommended against Yeddyurappa kin (Lead) - Apr 20, 2012
- SC no to quashing chargesheet against Nirmal Yadav - Sep 10, 2012
- 2G: Court issues notice to CBI on Behura's plea - Jan 20, 2012
- DLF barred from building homes near Rashtrapati Bhavan - Jun 03, 2011
- Subhash Ghai's Haryana plot cancelled (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Court pulls up DDA over delay in allotting plots (Lead) - Aug 17, 2011
- SC quashes CBI probe against Mayawati in graft case (Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- Court notice on Delhi's illegal colonies - Aug 22, 2012