Apex court restores proceedings against Tehelka editorMay 11th, 2009 - 3:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 11 (IANS) The Supreme Court Monday restored a trial court’s proceedings against web portal tehelka.com editor-in-chief Tarun Tejpal for writing an allegedly defamatory write-up against former Samata Party leader Jaya Jaitley.
A bench of Chief Justice K.G. Balakrishnan restored the proceedings on a plea by Jaitley, who had approached the apex court against a Delhi High Court order staying the proceedings.
Tejpal wrote an article against Jaitley and commented upon corruption in defence purchases in February 2002, after the news portal had conducted a sting operation showing corruption in defence deals.
- Court frames charges against Jaya Jaitley in 'defence deal' - Mar 05, 2012
- Court begins trial against Jaya Jaitley in defence deal - Apr 20, 2012
- Jaya Jaitley allowed to retain passport - Jul 12, 2012
- Jaitley moves court to retain passport - Jul 02, 2012
- Jaya Jaitley to stand trial in 'defence deal' case (Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- Court allows Jaya Jaitley to visit Singapore - May 01, 2012
- Court notice to CBI on Jaya Jaitly's plea (Lead) - May 04, 2012
- Tehelka sting case: Witness refuses to testify - May 14, 2012
- Court decision April 27 on Bangaru Laxman graft case - Apr 22, 2012
- Court decision in Bangaru Laxman graft case Friday - Apr 26, 2012
- High Court reduces Jaya Jaitley's surety amount - May 14, 2012
- Court notice to CBI on Jaya Jaitley plea - May 11, 2012
- Former BJP chief Bangaru convicted for taking bribe (Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- Former BJP chief Bangaru convicted for bribery, sentencing Saturday (Second Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- Bangaru Laxman sentenced to four years' jail (Lead) - Apr 28, 2012