Apex court receives presidential referenceApril 12th, 2012 - 8:20 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 12 (IANS) A presidential reference on whether the Supreme Court could interfere with a policy decision of the government and could insist on auction as the only route for the allocation of natural resources was received by the apex court Thursday.
Among the questions raised in the reference is whether the court can set aside a policy decision of the government without appreciating the investments made by foreign entities under multilateral or bilateral agreements.
The presidential reference comes in the wake of the Supreme Court cancelling 122 telecom licences and holding that an auction was the only route for allocating natural resources.
Of the 12 questions raised in the Residential Reference seeking its opinion, it has asked whether auctioning was the only permissible method for the disposable of all natural resources across all sectors and in all circumstances.
The reference also asks whether following the auction route was not contrary to several judgements of the Supreme Court, including those of larger benches.
- Apex court receives presidential reference on 2G (Lead) - Apr 12, 2012
- Apex court to take up presidential reference on natural resources - May 11, 2012
- SC issues notices on presidential reference on natural resources - May 11, 2012
- SC issues notice on presidential reference on natural resources (Lead) - May 11, 2012
- Auction of resources rational option, apex court told (Second Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- Can't interfere in policy matters, centre tells SC - Jul 25, 2012
- Government panel wants natural resources' auction, SC told - Jul 11, 2012
- Don't touch policy-making power, Chhattisgarh tells SC - Aug 01, 2012
- Auction of resources would hit investments, apex court told (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Auction of resources rational option, apex court told - Jun 04, 2012
- Panel favoured auction of resources, Swamy tells SC - Aug 14, 2012
- 2G: SC to hold hearing on presidential reference - Jul 18, 2012
- Auction can't be only mode of alloting resources, SC told (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- 2G: SC to hold hearing on presidential reference (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Auction of resources would hit investments, SC told - Jul 17, 2012