Apex court issues notice on Dinakaran’s petitionMay 16th, 2011 - 3:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 16 (IANS) The Supreme Court Monday issued notice to the judges enquiry committee on a petition by Sikkim High Court Chief Justice P.D. Dinakaran, saying that charges framed against him were beyond the scope of the notice of motion seeking his impeachment for alleged misconduct.
The bench of Justice G.S. Singhvi and Justice C.K. Prasad issued the notice after senior counsel A. Saran told the court that the chargesheet issued to Justice Dinakaran has charges that were not in the notice of motion.
Justice Dinakaran is facing charges of misconduct and a motion has been moved in Rajya Sabha seeking his impeachment and removal.
The judges enquiry committee comprises of apex court judge Aftab Alam, Karnataka High Court Chief Justice J.S. Kehar and senior counsel P.P. Rao.
- Supreme Court stays enquiry proceedings against Justice Dinakaran - Apr 29, 2011
- Supreme Court issues notice on Dinakaran's petition (Lead) - May 16, 2011
- Apex court stays enquiry against Dinakaran (Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
- Supreme Court reserves verdict on Dinakaran's petition (Lead) - Jun 01, 2011
- Dinakaran's case may go to larger Supreme Court bench - May 26, 2011
- Apex court rejects Dinakaran's plea - Jul 19, 2011
- A judge's conduct should be exemplary: Supreme Court - May 27, 2011
- Dinakaran impeachment process to continue: Apex court - Jul 05, 2011
- Dinakaran probe: P.P. Rao out of judges' panel - Jul 05, 2011
- Initial probe against Dinakaran valid, Supreme Court told (Lead) - May 31, 2011
- Two Supreme Court judges withdraw from Dinakaran case (Lead) - Apr 28, 2011
- Apex court reserves verdict on Dinakaran's petition - Jun 01, 2011
- Charges against Dinakaran modified, apex court told - May 19, 2011
- Initial inquiry against Dinakaran valid, apex court told - May 31, 2011
- Supreme Court allows new party in Dinakaran case - May 18, 2011