Apex court issues notice on a missing Bihar engineerMay 30th, 2012 - 1:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 30 (IANS) The Supreme Court Wednesday issued notices to the ministries of home and external affairs on a petition of Nikhat Parveen, seeking that her husband Fasih Mohammad, missing from Saudi Arabia, be brought before the court.
Fasih, an engineer employed in Saudi Arabia, was allegedly picked up by intelligence agencies from Al Jubal in the Saudi kingdom May 13, 2012.
Besides the ministries of home and external affairs, notices have been issued to Maharashtra, Andhra, Bihar and other state governments.
The apex court bench of Justice K.S. Radhakrishnan and Justice J.S. Khehar issued notices after Nikhat Parveen’s counsel Naushad Ahmad Khan told the court that ever since Fasih Mohammad’s “abduction” May 13, his whereabouts and his well-being was not known.
The court was told that Fasih Mohammad made a call to his wife Nikhat Parveen a few days back. During that call, Fasih told her that he was alright but did not disclose his location.
The court was told that Nikhat Parveen had made several representations to several authorities but all have gone unanswered.
Fasih Mohammad, 35, hails from Barh Saaila village in Darbhanga district of Bihar, about 200 km from Patna. Fasih’s father, Dr. Firoz Ahmad, is in charge of the Benipatti primary health centre in Madhubani district. His mother is a school teacher in Darbhanga.
- Apex court issues notice on missing Bihar engineer (Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Apex court grants time to centre on missing engineer case - Jun 01, 2012
- Court gives government time in missing engineer case (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Where is Fasih Mahmood, apex court asks - Jun 06, 2012
- Where is Fasih Mahmood, apex court asks (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- Saudi authorities mum on Fasih Mahmood, SC told - Jun 11, 2012
- Bihar engineer in Saudi custody: Government to SC (Second Lead) - Jul 09, 2012
- Family shocked at Bihar engineer's arrest on terror charges - May 21, 2012
- Missing engineer's parents to stage hunger strike - May 24, 2012
- Terror suspect engineer's wife seeks fast track trial - Jul 01, 2012
- Protest in Bihar against arrest of terror suspects - May 30, 2012
- Missing engineer's wife questions Nitish Kumar's silence - Jun 26, 2012
- Bihar engineer in Saudi custody: Government to SC (Lead) - Jul 09, 2012
- Fasih Mehmood not in India's custody: Chidambaram - May 31, 2012
- Missing engineer's mother asks PM to help trace son - Jun 18, 2012
Tags: abduction, ahmad khan, apex, apex court, bihar, court bench, external affairs, firoz, health centre, intelligence agencies, jubal, mohammad, New Delhi, parveen, primary health, s radhakrishnan, saudi arabia, saudi kingdom, school teacher, state governments