Apex court asks Gujarat to shift Ishrat Jahan case to SITAugust 27th, 2010 - 3:17 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 27 (IANS) The Supreme Court Friday stayed the Gujarat High Court order directing the state government to transfer investigations into the Ishrat Jahan staged-shootout case from the state police to the apex court-appointed special investigation team (SIT).
The apex court directed the state government to issue the notification to this effect.
Jahan was allegedly gunned down by Gujarat police in Ahmedabad June 15, 2004.
- Apex court stays Ishrat killing case transfer to SIT (Lead) - Aug 27, 2010
- Gujarat High Court gets free hand in Ishrat Jahan case (Lead) - Sep 06, 2010
- SC stays probe in Ishrat Jahan case - May 03, 2011
- Apex court stays transfer of Ishrat Jahan probe to SIT (Second Lead) - Aug 27, 2010
- Ishrat Jahan killing: Probe team submits report - Apr 05, 2011
- Timeline: Ishrat Jahan shootout - Nov 21, 2011
- Court free to probe Ishrat Jahan case, rules apex court - Sep 06, 2010
- Ishrat Jahan killing: Court-ordered SIT given probe (Lead) - Aug 12, 2010
- Supreme Court restrains SIT in Ishrat Jahan case (Lead) - May 03, 2011
- Ishrat Jahan killing: Court inquires about SIT's view - Aug 23, 2010
- Delhi Police officer to head probe team in Ishrat Jahan case (Lead) - Sep 24, 2010
- Three policemen named in Ishrat Jahan case transferred - Apr 19, 2011
- Ishrat Jahan case: Supreme Court upholds special probe (Lead) - Nov 12, 2010
- Ishrat Jahan killing: Court seeks names for probe panel - Sep 09, 2010
- Ishrat Jahan case: apex court upholds special probe team - Nov 12, 2010