Anurag Kashyap spots Aditya Chopra in ‘Dev D’ audienceFebruary 18th, 2009 - 3:25 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 18 (IANS) Anurag Kashyap, who is basking in the glory of fabulous reviews for his film “Dev D”, had a surprise waiting for him at the PVR in Juhu. He ran into fellow filmmaker Aditya Chopra who was there are as part of the regular audience.
“Dev D” is Kashyap’s surrealistic take on Sarat Chandra Chattopadhyay’s novel “Devdas”.
“My friend Rajat Kapoor suggested that I go and check out the theatres on Saturday evening to see the audience reaction. I very reluctantly took his advice. Little did I know what was waiting for me at the PVR at Juhu,” Kashyap told IANS.
“It looked like the whole industry had turned up for the public screening after hearing good things about my film. There were Anupam and Kirron Kher, Minissha Lamba, producer Madhu Mantena and lots of other people from our ilk.”
But the surprise of the evening was Aditya. “When I found him sitting next to me, I didn’t know how to react,” he added.
The reclusive director, who makes it a point to watch all major films at paid previews, made an exception for “Dev D” after reading the extraordinary reviews. Luckily, the audience left Chopra alone to watch the film.
After the screening, Chopra sent Kashyap a message saying that “Dev D” rocked and that he should continue on the path that he had chosen for himself.
“I wouldn’t like to reveal what he SMSed me. But yes, Aditya’s words mean a lot to me. Frankly, I never thought my film would get this kind of a response. It is an exhilarating experience.
“The actors have contributed so much. Not only Abhay Deol but the two leading ladies. People say Mahie Gill shows flashes of Suchitra Sen in her performance. As for Kalki (Koechlin), she didn’t falter one bit in living out her character,” Kashyap said.
- 'Rang Rasiya' release in November: Mehta (Movie Snippets) - Sep 15, 2011
- No rift between me and Katrina: Kalki - Jul 11, 2011
- Kashyap retrospective in Hamburg - Jul 10, 2012
- Anurag is my biggest critic: Kalki - Aug 27, 2011
- '...Wasseypur' my first film for masses: Kashyap (Movie Snippets) - May 20, 2012
- Kalki Koechlin to play female lead in Dibakar's 'Shanghai' - May 06, 2011
- No Cannes for Kalki Koechlin - May 14, 2012
- Kalki gets her own 'Senorita' moment on the ramp - Aug 02, 2011
- Anurag Kashyap buys his first car - Jun 16, 2012
- Cannes shows Bollywood has huge market abroad: Anurag Kashyap (Interview) - Jul 13, 2010
- In Bollywood, many talented filmmakers get wasted: Anurag Kashyap (Interview) - Apr 22, 2011
- Don't look like village girl, so not in '...Wasseypur': Kalki - Jun 04, 2012
- Abhay is a natural actor: Kalki Koechlin - Sep 01, 2010
- '...Yellow Boots' my first film releasing worldwide: Anurag Kashyap - Aug 09, 2011
- I love going back to theatre: Kalki - Mar 14, 2012