Anupam Kher wants to teach underprivileged kidsJanuary 13th, 2009 - 9:28 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 13 (IANS) Apart from filmmaking and acting, veteran actor Anupam Kher wants to help underprivileged children by launching an education programme of the School Of Life that he runs.”We want to provide education to the disadvantaged kids, children who were born in impoverished families, or were destitutes by destiny or forced to beg and feed themselves on the street,” Anupam, who has also started his acting school Actor Prepares, told IANS.
“We’ve formulated a plan that would not only provide them with education but also show them how to cope with the situations that put them in the compromised position vis-à-vis our social milieu,” he added.
The School of Life is a part of the Anupam Kher Foundation.
“We’re calling it the School Of Life because we want to show kids how not to get frustrated with the knocks of life, how to deal with poverty, humility and rejection and other negative forces in life. We want to prepare our children to combat abuse in every guise so that there would be no child abuse and no children growing up as victims of alcohol and drug abuse,” said Anupam.
The children’s education scheme will be run by a team, which will be headed by Ujjawal Chatterjee, the young man whom Anupam discovered during the Times Of India’s Lead India campaign.
“I’ll focus on raising the funds. I want this programme to reach the farthest corner of our country because there’re many people who want to come forward to provide assistance to the needy but don’t know how to,” said Anupam, who recently wowed audiences with his performance in “A Wednesday”.
- Pakistan should get over its obsession with India: Daily - Aug 16, 2011
- Most children are lonely: 'Counsellor' Anupam Kher (With Image) - Feb 24, 2012
- Anupam Kher not mourning his dad's death - Feb 13, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh mosques double up as primary schools (With Image) - Feb 07, 2012
- Muslims bigger victims of corruption, says cleric - Aug 22, 2011
- Anupam turns writer, ready to pen his first book - Nov 24, 2011
- Anupam Kher to launch acting studio in New York - Oct 26, 2010
- Shun competitive politics at Durban, Natarajan urges rich nations - Nov 17, 2011
- Anupam pays 'smiling tribute' to late father in Shimla - May 03, 2012
- Things much better for Indian students in Australia: Envoy (Interview) - Jan 18, 2011
- Kanki Mosehri in Bihar now boasts of a School - Nov 18, 2010
- Nuclear brass allay fears over Jaitapur plant - Jan 07, 2011
- Omi Vadya hits jackpot with 'Big In Bollywood' (Movie Snippets) - Jul 29, 2012
- Chidambaram should quit over terror list errors: BJP (Second Lead) - May 20, 2011
- Samsung sets up fund for poor kids' education - Feb 16, 2012