Antrix-Devas deal political lapse: BJPApril 18th, 2011 - 9:11 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 18 (IANS) The opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Monday described as a “political lapse” Cabinet Secretary K.M. Chandrasekhar blaming “procedural lapses” for the controversial Antrix-Devas deal that was annulled.
“It is not a procedural lapse but a political lapse,” party spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said here.
A classified report by Chandrasekhar blamed “procedural lapses” for the Antrix-Devas Multimedia satellite deal that was annulled recently, and has recommended corrective measures in the power structure of ISRO and the Department of Space to ensure accountability.
“If it was a procedural lapse, what were they doing for five years? ISRO and Department of Space come directly under the prime minister, if the media and opposition had not built pressure, this deal would never had been cancelled,” Prasad said.
He also called upon the prime minister to fix individual responsibilities.
The deal involved giving on lease of S-band spectrum to Devas Multimedia at a low price.
- ISRO agreement to be annulled, no mention of end-use terms (Roundup) - Feb 08, 2011
- Chavan meets Sonia, Pranab over Antrix-Devas agreement - Feb 16, 2011
- Antrix case against Devas' arbitration adjourned (Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- Ex-ISRO chief seeks fresh probe into Devas deal - Feb 26, 2012
- No cheap selling of spectrum in Antrix-Devas deal: Review Committee - Feb 05, 2012
- Panel shows Devas deal was not wrong: Ex-scientist - Feb 05, 2012
- Devas deal: Probe team indicts ex-ISRO chief, three others (Second Lead) - Feb 05, 2012
- DEVAS deal annulment only involves upfront costs: ISRO - Feb 10, 2011
- Scientist resigns over blacklisting of ISRO stalwarts (Lead) - Feb 24, 2012
- ISRO agreement did not mention end-use terms, to be annulled (Third Lead) - Feb 08, 2011
- ISRO forms panel to probe Antrix-Devas spectrum deal - Feb 12, 2011
- Ex-ISRO chief slams Antrix-Devas probe reports - Feb 05, 2012
- ISRO job is not allocation of spectrum, clarifies Madhavan Nair - Feb 09, 2011
- No revenue loss in S-band spectrum, contract being reviewed: Government (Second Lead) - Feb 08, 2011
- CAG slams Department of Space for Antrix-Devas deal - May 15, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,