Antony wants closure on army chief age rowFebruary 13th, 2012 - 11:39 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 13 (IANS) Defence Minister A.K. Antony Monday expressed happiness that the controversy over Indian Army chief Gen V. K. Singh’s age had been resolved and hoped that everyone would “work together to strengthen national security”.
“I am very happy this controversy is over,” Antony told reporters on the sidelines of the Asian Security Conference.
“It is my request to all my colleagues and all of you (the media) to please close this chapter and let us work together to strengthen national security,” Antony said.
- Antony wants row closed on army chief's age (Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- Get on with work, bury army chief age row, says Antony (Second Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- Army chief age issue a closed chapter: Antony - Feb 17, 2012
- Wait for legal outcome on army chief's age: Antony - Jan 20, 2012
- Indian defence minister leaves for Saudi Arabia - Feb 13, 2012
- Army 'coup' report fizzles out, government terms it 'alarmist' (Roundup) - Apr 04, 2012
- Combative Indian Army chief leaves age row open (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- All three chiefs enjoy government's confidence: Antony - Mar 29, 2012
- Antony blames army for chief's age row (Lead) - Jan 31, 2012
- 'Withdraw public suit on appointment of next army chief' - Apr 11, 2012
- V.K. Singh bids army adieu, leaving legacy of acrimony - May 30, 2012
- V.K. Singh retires, ending controversial tenure (Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Uncertainty over Indian Army chief's age rages - Dec 26, 2011
- Response to army chief's letter at appropriate time: Antony - Mar 28, 2012
- Antony shies away from army chief's age controversy - May 20, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,