Anti-graft fight should not be individual-centric: MinisterJune 11th, 2011 - 9:55 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, June 11 (IANS) No individual should be allowed to become the centre of anti-corruption struggle, union Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Ashwini Kumar said here Saturday.
Talking about anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare’s battle for a stringent Lokpal bill, the minister said: “Corruption is a national malaise…No individual should be able to become the sole focus of anti-corruption battle.”
He said that yoga guru Baba Ramdev was acting on the instructions of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
Ashwini Kumar advised Hazare not to fall prey to the BJP’s designs. “My sincere appeal to Anna is that he must not allow his battle against corruption to be hijacked by any political party,” he said.
“The Delhi (Ramlila Ground) events were triggered by the communal BJP. The BJP is seeking a backdoor entry into the country’s political space,” he said.
Ramdev and his supporters protesting against corruption and black money were evicted from the Ramlila Ground June 5 after a police crackdown on his congregation.
–Indo asian news service
- It's Ramdev show at fast venue - Jun 03, 2012
- Ramdev, Anna to sit on day-long fast in Delhi - Jun 03, 2012
- Ramdev, Anna hold day-long fast in Delhi (Lead) - Jun 03, 2012
- Ramdev ends fast, battlelines remain drawn (Intro Roundup) - Jun 12, 2011
- Prohibitory orders put question mark on Hazare's fast - Jun 05, 2011
- Ramdev to meet president - Aug 17, 2011
- Ramlila ground gets set for Anna Hazare - Aug 18, 2011
- Ramdev returns to Ramlila Maidan for three-day fast (Roundup) - Aug 09, 2012
- Delhi Police took decision to evict Ramdev: Chidambaram - Jun 08, 2011
- Ramdev-Anna fast: Business time for Jantar Mantar food kiosks - Jun 03, 2012
- Ramdev's movement politically motivated: Sheila Dikshit - Aug 13, 2012
- Work in full swing at Ramlila Ground (Lead) - Aug 18, 2011
- Thousands rally for Hazare, Ramdev in Orissa - Jun 08, 2011
- 'Mishandling' of Ramdev stir has isolated Congress: analysts - Jun 06, 2011
- Swabhiman Trust asked to respond to Delhi cops' view (Lead) - Jun 20, 2011
Tags: anna hazare, asian news, backdoor entry, bharatiya janata party, bjp, black money, corruption, crusader, indo, malaise, maya, minister of state, parliamentary affairs, police crackdown, political space, prey, ramlila, sole focus, union minister, yoga guru