Anti-corruption raids of officials yields croresJanuary 13th, 2012 - 1:42 am ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Jan 13 (IANS) The Yuva Diwas of the nation was a day of raids on corrupt officials in Madhya Pradesh with the state Lokayukta conducting raids on three officials and the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) nabbing a junior telecom engineer taking bribes, officials said Thursday.
The Lokayukta raids were conducted at Indore, Ratlam, Ujjain, Bhopal while CBI arrested JTO of Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) in Jabalpur district.
As the day begun, the Madhya Pradesh Lokayukta sleuths raided at the premises and office of one Anand Pathak in Indore and Ratlam district. Pathak, a sub-auditor in cooperative department Ratlam, yielded with Rs 10 crores properties.
The raids unearth Rs.1.16 lakh cash, Rs.5 lakh ornaments, two plots, three buildings, and shops, along with several land related documents.
While Lokayukta raid on Kailash Sangte, a lower division clerk of Ujjain Municipal Corporation unearthed assets of worth Rs.8 crores.
The clerk has two houses, two shops, two JCB machines, one dumper, one Tata Safari and several ornaments worth lakhs.
“The clerk (Kailash Sagte) has been working in the municipal corporation since 27 years and we had received several complaints against him. His lockers are yet to be opened but it could not be less than 8 crores property,” superintendent of police, Lokayukta Virendra Singh said reporters.
In the evening Lokayukta police raided in state capital the residence of an additional director, from where initial reports of Rs.3 crore properties was reported.
The CBI in Jabalpur caught red handed JTO S.N. Mishra taking bribe of Rs.20,000 to pass a bill.
- Properties of Madhya Pradesh officials raided - Jan 17, 2012
- Rs.5 crore-worth assets seized from Madhya Pradesh sub-engineer - Dec 15, 2011
- Madhya Pradesh engineer has Rs.10 crore assets - Jan 07, 2012
- Lokayukta raids continue in Madhya Pradesh - Jan 19, 2012
- Madhya Pradesh peon worth Rs.12 crore - Dec 08, 2011
- From peons to clerks, raids unveil Madhya Pradesh's millionaires - Jan 20, 2012
- Madhya Pradesh clerk's assets Rs 30 crores! - Dec 18, 2011
- A jail superintendent worth Rs.3 crores! - Mar 01, 2012
- Assets worth Rs.1 crore found with Bhopal municipal clerk - Dec 20, 2010
- Raid yields Rs.3 crore worth assets from engineer's house - Dec 21, 2010
- A clerk who made Rs.30 crores! (Lead) - Dec 18, 2011
- A clerk who made Rs.30 crores! (Second Lead) - Dec 18, 2011
- Ujjain official found to possess Rs.2 crore assets - Jan 11, 2010
- Madhya Pradesh official owns assets worth over Rs.12 crore - Dec 24, 2009
- Madhya Pradesh official's houses raided, hidden assets found - Jan 18, 2010
Tags: bhopal, bribe, bribes, bsnl, cbi, central bureau of investigation, corrupt officials, initial reports, jcb machines, kailash, lockers, mishra, pathak, rs 8, sanchar nigam, sleuths, tata safari, telecom engineer, virendra, worth rs