Anti-corruption helpline buzzes with complaintsOctober 27th, 2010 - 8:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 27 (IANS) The Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) has received over 230 complaints within two days of the launch of its new helpline where people can register complaints of corruption and harassment against central government organisations.
“We initiated the ‘Speak Out’ helpline Oct 25, during our vigilance awareness week from Oct 25 to Nov 1. Within two days of introduction, it has received a good response,” a senior CVC official told IANS.
He also said that the number of complaints received by the helpline was increasing every day, and CVC will soon decide on remedial action.
“The common man is aware of corruption issues and is getting information via Right To Information Act. This trend of blowing whistle against corruption should continue,” the official informed.
People can call the numbers 011-24651000 and 1800-11-0180 (toll-free) to register corruption and bribery complaints against employees of public sector banks, ministries and other central government organisations.
- Now hotline to complain against corrupt officials - Dec 03, 2010
- Consumer helpline gets over 11,000 calls in July - Sep 01, 2011
- CVCs anti-graft portal proves a big hit - Jan 19, 2011
- Vigilance panel's anti-graft portal is a hit - Dec 28, 2010
- The CVC's role and responsibilities - Mar 03, 2011
- CVC launches website to fight corruption - Dec 09, 2010
- CVC has received 20,000 complaints so far - Jul 10, 2012
- CVC for global cooperation in fighting corruption - Jul 07, 2012
- Delhi Metro changes new helpline number - Dec 28, 2010
- CVC seeks report from CBI on leaks in Jagan case - Jul 07, 2012
- Corporation Bank calls special board meeting Friday - Jun 02, 2011
- CVC asks MCD to give report on graft complaints - Dec 28, 2010
- Senior official got extension despite CVC's objections? - Apr 27, 2011
- CVC probe going on into 16 Games corruption cases - Sep 07, 2010
- Central Vigilance Commission to evolve more preventive vigilance regime - Dec 09, 2010
Tags: buzzes, central government, central vigilance commission, common man, corruption and bribery, corruption issues, cvc, government organisations, harassment, launch, New Delhi, nov 1, public sector banks, remedial action, right to information act, vigilance awareness week, whistle