Anoushka Shankar is new face of MirariJanuary 16th, 2009 - 5:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 16 (IANS) Jewellery maker Mirari has roped in sitarist Anoushka Shankar as its brand ambassador to increase its presence in the national and international markets.“I can’t think of anybody more appropriate than Anoushka Shankar for our brand. I wanted someone who was much more than just a model or actress to represent our work. Someone who is artistic, intelligent and gifted and can really represent the best that India can offer to the world,” Mirari’s principal designer and founder Mira Gulati said in a statement here Friday.
“For years, India has exported its products and allowed western companies to brand those products as their own. I believe that India has come of age and is well placed to sell its own brands overseas and enjoy recognition and respect on its own terms,” she added.
The jewellery firm is also looking at opening three more outlets in India in the next two years and also explore opportunities to expand in the overseas market.
Anoushka Shankar said: “When you wear jewels of this quality they really have an extraordinary effect on you, you are bound to feel special.”
“Being brand ambassador allows for many opportunities to try on these jewels, which is the most enjoyable part of my role,” she added.
- Recession makes NRIs want to move back to India - Jan 07, 2012
- Glowing times for online jewellery retailers - Apr 06, 2012
- Zee Trendz To Showcase Indian International Jewellery Week 2010 - Aug 26, 2010
- I would like to wear something green for my wedding: Katrina - Aug 15, 2010
- Katrina Kaif walks ramp during Mumbai's Jewellery Week - Aug 16, 2010
- India to share 10 percent of Forevermark global sales - Jul 21, 2012
- Dia Mirza loves classic Indian jewellery - Aug 27, 2012
- Indian menswear brands holding own against international labels - Aug 06, 2012
- Paes wants to be AIFF brand ambassador - Sep 27, 2011
- Chitrangada Singh to promote fitness now - Feb 22, 2012
- Exquisite jewellery with Bollywood glam sums up IIJW (Review) - Aug 05, 2011
- Sonam Kapoor becomes face of India International Jewellery Week - Jun 07, 2011
- Treat for wine lovers, Chilean way (With Images) - Jul 23, 2012
- Treat for wine lovers, Chilean way (With Images) (Lead, correcting spelling) - Jul 23, 2012
- 'Global brands can generate jobs in India' (With Image) - May 21, 2012