Another trade convoy crosses LoC in KashmirNovember 4th, 2008 - 9:36 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Nov 4 (IANS) Twenty-eight lorries loaded with goods crossed the Line of Control (LoC) - the de facto border between India and Pakistan in Kashmir - as part of the trade between the two countries that was resumed last month.“Twenty-one load carriers with consignments of apple and vegetables left the Salamabad trade facilitation centre around 12.30 p.m. for Chakoti on the other side of the LOC,” an official told IANS by phone from Salamabad in north Kashmir’s Baramulla district.
The Kashmir Valley’s specialty “nadru”, or lotus stems, were also sent across.
Rich in iodine and low on calories, ‘nadru’ are cooked with fish, pulses to make tasty fibre-rich dishes.
“Seven load carriers from Chakoti reached Salamabad around 3.30 p.m., bringing in consignments of pomegranates, grapes, onions and prayer mats,” the officer said.
The cross-LoC trade was re-started Oct 21 after the first trade convoy in 60 years trundled across the LoC that divides the two Kashmirs between India and Pakistan.
- 21 trucks carry goods across India-Pakistan border in Kashmir - Nov 25, 2008
- 25 trucks carry goods across LoC - Oct 28, 2008
- High hopes in Kashmir as India meets Pakistan - Jul 24, 2011
- Cross LoC trade hampered by barter system, lack of banking (With Image) - Mar 01, 2012
- Union home secretary in Kashmir, meets Omar - May 16, 2012
- Six trucks from Pakistan carry goods to Kashmir - Nov 18, 2008
- Cross-LoC trade needs financial mechanisms: Omar - Apr 04, 2012
- India, Pakistan discuss additional CBMs for Kashmir - Jul 19, 2012
- Home secretary reviews cross-LOC trade at Poonch - May 17, 2012
- First joint trade chamber for divided Kashmir chooses chief - Feb 09, 2012
- Cross LoC travel: India unilaterally increases stay period to six months - Mar 26, 2011
- Mufti demands hassle-free cross-LoC trade - May 22, 2012
- Cross-Kashmir trade mired in problems - Dec 04, 2011
- Cross-LOC trade helps outsiders more, say Jammu locals - Mar 14, 2011
- India, Pakistan ease Kashmir travel, trade - Jul 27, 2011