Another techie from Andhra Pradesh dies in the USJanuary 22nd, 2009 - 11:25 am ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Jan 22 (IANS) Muthyala Purushottam, a 27-year-old software engineer from Andhra Pradesh, was found dead in his flat in Indianapolis in the US, family sources said Thursday. This is the second incident of the death of a techie from the Indian state in the US this month. Purushottam’s family in Anantapur town received a phone call from the US Wednesday informing them that he was found dead in the bathroom of his flat Tuesday night.
He was working for Triton Infotech and was married to 25-year-old Praveena Reddy, who is also from Anantapur.
The families of the couple refused to talk to the media. However, according to sources close to Purushottam’s family, he allegedly committed suicide. The police were said to have a found a suicide note written by him stating that nobody was responsible for his death.
Praveena, also a software engineer, reportedly made phone calls to her husband Tuesday night. When he did not answer her calls, she returned home and found the doors bolted from inside. She sought the help of the police, who broke open the door and found Purushottam dead.
Purushottam, son of police sub-inspector M. Nagalingam, married his classmate Praveena in Anantapur three years ago. While he went to the US about two years ago, his wife joined him a few months later.
The news of Purushottam’s death came close on the heels of a 26-year-old techie from Andhra Pradesh being shot dead in Arkansas. Akshay Vishal, who was an employee of the scam-hit Satyam Computer Services, was killed by unidentified persons as he was returning home on Jan 13.
His murder was the seventh case of students and professionals from Andhra Pradesh being killed in the US in the last 13 months.
In November last year, Nerusu Lakshminivasa Rao, a software programmer from Krishna district, mysteriously disappeared from his home in Detroit in the US after his wife and two children were found murdered. The US police suspect that he fled the country after killing them.
- Techie returns from US to commit suicide - Sep 03, 2012
- Andhra techie's family stunned by his killing in US - Feb 05, 2009
- Yet another Andhra techie shot dead in US - Feb 04, 2009
- Indian techie killed wife, two children: US police - Nov 04, 2008
- Techie, wife commit suicide after 'happy life together' - Oct 08, 2011
- Indian techie suspected of killing wife, two kids in US - Oct 31, 2008
- Andhra student shot dead in US - Dec 26, 2010
- Four Andhra men killed in US car crash - Oct 24, 2011
- Elderly woman found dead in her Delhi flat - Jun 20, 2012
- Another Telugu student murdered in US - Jun 13, 2010
- Engineer becomes thief to recover business losses - May 11, 2012
- Another Andhra student murdered in US - Nov 04, 2008
- Bangalore woman techie's killer nabbed - Dec 25, 2010
- Facing opposition to marriage, couple commits suicide - Dec 18, 2011
- Missing Indian American techie's family suspects he was also killed - Nov 01, 2008
Tags: akshay, classmate, committed suicide, family sources, hyderabad, indianapolis, infotech, krishna district, phone call, returning home, satyam computer services, software engineer, software programmer, suicide note, techie, triton, tuesday night, unidentified persons, vishal, year old software