Another low-intensity blast in Lucknow district court (Lead)November 15th, 2008 - 7:29 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Nov 15 (IANS) A low-intensity explosion in the district court premises here created panic Saturday, a day after a similar blast occurred in the complex. No casualties were reported, police said, adding it seemed to be a case of mischief. The blast occurred at around 12.30 p.m. in a bathroom, like Friday’s incident. Police suspect low-intensity fire crackers were used.
“It (the explosive) was packed in a glass bottle and exploded in a bathroom on the second floor of the court,” a police official said.
Talking to mediapersons in the evening, Uttar Pradesh police chief Vikram Singh said it was not a terror attack.
“Fire-crackers were used in both blasts. There is nothing to worry. It seems to be a case of a mischievious activity,” Singh said.
Superintendent of Police (West) Paresh Pandey told IANS: “It appears that some people are trying to disrupt the court proceedings. We are close to nabbing them.”
A senior police official, not wishing to be named, said the blast was due to a tiff between two groups of lawyers.
“One of the two groups caused the explosions to hamper court proceedings. We will soon find out,” the official said.
In panic after the blasts, lawyers staged a demonstration demanding more security in the court complex.
“We have assured increased security to the lawyers,” Pandey said.
- Low-intensity blast in Lucknow district court - Nov 15, 2008
- Six arrested for Sivakasi fire tragedy - Sep 06, 2012
- Three killed in fire cracker unit blast in Punjab - Apr 13, 2012
- Firecracker blast causes panic in Bangalore - Sep 09, 2011
- Bomb scare outside Delhi college (Lead) - May 30, 2011
- One hurt in low-intensity blasts in Pune (Second Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Blasts target rail tracks in Pakistan - Feb 27, 2012
- 33 die as firecracker factory catches fire (Fourth Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Agra blast: Search on now for veiled woman 'patient' - Sep 19, 2011
- 36 die as firecracker factory catches fire (Fifth Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Premature to call Pune blasts a terror attack, says Patil - Aug 02, 2012
- Punjab cracker unit blast leaves four dead (Lead, changing dateline) - Apr 13, 2012
- 30 dead as flames engulf firecracker factory (Second Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- 30 dead as flames engulf firecracker factory (Third Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh on alert after Delhi blast - May 25, 2011