Another fire in Mumbai industrial estateMarch 21st, 2008 - 1:39 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, March 21 (IANS) A fire broke out in an industrial estate in Byculla, south Mumbai Friday, three days after a blaze in another nearby estate killed 11 people. Two people were injured in Friday’s blaze. The fire broke out in the Byculla industrial estate behind the Jijamata Udyan zoo Friday morning on the fifth floor of a building. Five fire engines were rushed to the spot, along with four water tankers and four ambulances.
On account of Holi, the building was empty except for a few security guards and clerks. Two people were injured in the fire and were rushed to J.J. Hospital.
Three days back, a fire broke out in the Retiwala estate in the same industrial belt killing 11 people and injuring over 50. The police registered a case of negligence against the owner of the factory in which the earlier fire broke out.
- Five trapped in Mumbai fire - Aug 09, 2012
- Two killed in factory fire in Andhra Pradesh - Aug 15, 2012
- Mumbai highrise catches fire, no casualties - Nov 18, 2010
- One killed in Maharashtra plant fire - Dec 07, 2011
- Four killed in Mumbai bakery cylinder blasts - May 30, 2012
- Major fire in Mumbai, six killed - Mar 17, 2008
- Fire at Mumbai commercial complex - Sep 07, 2012
- Fire in Tata headquarters in Mumbai, three killed - Feb 09, 2011
- Four killed in Mumbai building collapse - Mar 17, 2011
- Korean ship catches fire, one injured - Mar 17, 2012
- Two heroes saved many lives in Mumbai blaze, one died - Mar 18, 2008
- Woman killed in fire at Mumbai multi-storey tower (lead) - May 16, 2010
- Three die in Tata headquarters fire (Lead) - Feb 09, 2011
- One killed as fire engulfs mall in Maharashtra - May 02, 2012
- Fire breaks out in Mumbai multi-storey residential tower - May 16, 2010