Another case against tainted Himanchal Pradesh copJune 19th, 2008 - 11:02 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, June 19 (IANS) Another case of cheating and extortion has been filed against Additional Director-General of Police B.S. Thind in Himachal Pradesh on a complaint of a Chandigargh-based businessman. The police have registered a first information report (FIR) against Thind at Parwanoo town, 80 km from here, on the complaint of businessman Ashok Mittal.
Mittal has levelled charges of cheating, conspiracy and intimidation against Thind, who is ar present posted with the state Human Rights Commission.
The businessman has given an audio CD to the police, allegedly containing taped conversation with Thind who was demanding Rs.600,000 from him for getting his shop vacated from tenants at Parwanoo.
Parwanoo Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Romesh Pathania told IANS Thursday that the case was registered on the direction of the state’s director-general of police.
Earlier, Thind was arrested by the Central Bureau of Investigation in October 2006 in a loan fraud case.
He was accused of availing loans worth millions of rupees from various banks by mortgaging the same property. He even had to undergo a 14-day judicial remand in the case.
Another case was filed against him by the Punjab Police in 2007 on charges of grabbing a piece of land of an NRI on a fake power of attorney.
- Senior Himachal cop released on bail - Apr 07, 2009
- CBI searches houses of suspended senior Himachal cop (Lead) - Nov 24, 2009
- Senior cop of Himachal complains of chest pain on arrest - Apr 05, 2009
- Senior police officer arrested in Himachal Pradesh - Apr 04, 2009
- Arrested cop accuses Himachal chief minister of corruption - Apr 07, 2009
- Himachal Pradesh senior police officer suspended - Jan 23, 2009
- Hong Kong based businessman cheated by two Delhi con men - Feb 03, 2012
- Bedi NGO did not cheat: Kejriwal - Nov 28, 2011
- CBI searches houses of Himachal Pradesh top cop - Nov 24, 2009
- Allegations against Bedi a conspiracy: Kejriwal (Lead) - Nov 29, 2011
- Businessman, family booked for duping bank - Jun 17, 2010
- Yukta Mookhey accuses husband of abusing her - Sep 14, 2012
- Stalin, son booked for land grab - Dec 01, 2011
- Rajendra Sethia trial to run on daily basis, rules apex court - May 18, 2012
- Fake job racket, headed by Delhi Police constable, busted - Apr 30, 2012