Anonymous caller threatens to kill PM, VajpayeeMay 4th, 2011 - 8:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 4 (IANS) Delhi Police Wednesday said they have received an anonymous call threatening to kill Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his predecessor Atal Bihari Vajpayee. The mobile phone call was traced to Ghaziabad, Delhi’s suburban town in Uttar Pradesh.
According to police, the Delhi Police Control Room received the call Tuesday evening.
“The number was traced to Ghaziabad but we were not able to trace the caller, as the address used to procure the SIM card was found to be fake,” a police officer said.
Security agencies are conducting searches in the National Capital Region (NCR) to nab the caller.
Delhi Police received another call Wednesday afternoon saying that a bomb was planted in Vasant Kunj area of south Delhi.
The bomb disposal squad was despatched to the area, but found no explosives even after hours of searches in the area for hours.
Police are trying to trace the caller’s location, the officer said.
- Bomb scare at Taj Mahal - Jan 04, 2012
- Bomb scare delays Pakistani flight - Sep 10, 2012
- Two held for cheating, impersonation - Jul 01, 2012
- Women raped by cab driver in south Delhi - Dec 13, 2011
- Rs.1 crore burglary at Delhi bank cashier's house - Jul 25, 2011
- Chandigarh multiplex vacated after bomb threat - Jan 11, 2011
- Man held for killing minor in Delhi - Jun 24, 2012
- Journalist held for road rage shooting - Nov 30, 2011
- Three sweepers arrested for molesting married woman - Jul 14, 2012
- Teen held for making extortion calls - Oct 07, 2010
- Woman, paramour held for bid to kill husband - Oct 12, 2011
- BSF trooper run over by speeding vehicle - Feb 22, 2012
- BJP leaders greet former PM Vajpayee on his 87th birthday - Dec 25, 2010
- Hyderabad police intensify search for kidnapped doctor - Sep 05, 2012
- Hoax bomb call at Mumbai court - Apr 17, 2010
Tags: anonymous caller, bihari vajpayee, bomb disposal squad, delhi police, explosives, manmohan, manmohan singh, ncr, New Delhi, phone call, police officer, predecessor, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, security agencies, sim card, south delhi, suburban town, tuesday evening, wednesday afternoon