Anna supports Ramdev, warns governmentJune 2nd, 2011 - 2:11 pm ICT by IANS
Ralegaon Siddhi (Maharashtra), June 2 (IANS) Gandhian Anna Hazare Thursday cautioned Baba Ramdev against being “fooled” by the government and said he will support the yoga guru’s fast against corruption and black money.
“I’ll talk to Baba Ramdev so that he does not get influenced by government tactics. The government should not do to Baba what they did to us,” Hazare told reporters at his base here.
The Congress-led government has been reaching out to Baba Ramdev to stop him from going on the fast, which is to start in New Delhi Saturday.
“They are going (to meet him) because they want to fool. They are not doing it from the heart. If they are doing it from their heart, why didn’t they support him earlier? He has been demanding this for so long,” Hazare asked.
Ramdev is demanding urgent steps from the government to bring back huge amounts of black money stashed away in banks abroad by super rich Indians. He also wants the government to battle corruption.
Cutting short his Kerala trip, Hazare will join Ramdev Sunday to support him on the fast.
“There are no differences between us and Swamiji. We completely support his movement and I will join him on Sunday for a few hours,” the veteran anti-corruption crusader said.
Hazare, however, said he would not be fasting with Ramdev but would support him.
Hazare was supposed to be in Kochi June 4 and 5. He fasted in April for a stronger anti-corruption Lokpal bill.
- Ramdev adamant on fast, Anna upset with government (Lead) - Jun 02, 2011
- Ramdev determined to fast; PM, Sonia mull ways to dissuade him (Roundup) - Jun 02, 2011
- Nationwide protests against black money Sunday: Ramdev - Jun 01, 2012
- Ramdev adamant on fast, says he's with Anna - Jun 02, 2011
- Ramdev begins fast with thousands in tow (Second Lead) - Jun 04, 2011
- Thousands join Ramdev's fast, Congress calls it 'five-star satyagraha' (Evening Lead) - Jun 04, 2011
- Ramdev to continue fast, gives Monday deadline to PM (lead) - Aug 12, 2012
- Ramdev to meet president - Aug 17, 2011
- Ramdev-Anna fast: Business time for Jantar Mantar food kiosks - Jun 03, 2012
- Indian yoga guru refuses to call off hunger strike - Jun 02, 2011
- Ramdev plans fast against corruption - May 22, 2011
- Ramdev plans fast-unto-death, seeking death penalty for graft - May 04, 2011
- Ramdev ends fast, vows to fight corruption (Second Lead) - Jun 12, 2011
- Parties back black money issue inside, outside parliament (Second Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Thousands join Ramdev's anti-graft fast (Lead) - Jun 04, 2011