Anna supporters in Chennai disappointedDecember 28th, 2011 - 6:15 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Dec 28 (IANS) The general mood of India Against Corruption (IAC) members here supporting Anna Hazare’s demand for a strong anti-graft law was of disappointment after the Lok Sabha passed the Lokpal Bill Tuesday night but they were determined to take their protest to the next level, said an activist Wednesday.
“We didn’t get what we expected. Now we have to see what is going to happen in the Rajya Sabha. We don’t want this bill to be passed,” C. Mohan, a civil engineer on fast here, told IANS.
“There is a sense of betrayal as well as renewed vigour to take the protest to the next level,” Banu Gomes, media coordinator for IAC, told IANS.
She said a total of 26 people are on fast and 200 on relay fast.
Around 400 people visited the fast venue Wednesday to express their solidarity with the IAC activists.
She said the condition of Chandra Mohan, a protester on fast who was hospitalised Tuesday, is stable now.
Refuting that the response to the protest was poor, Gomes said the venue for the fast was finalised Dec 26 and there was not much time to publicise the event.
“Despite that, the response is good with 400 people visiting the venue Wednesday,” she said.
- 25 people fast in Chennai for Hazare - Dec 27, 2011
- Hazare supporters observe fast in Chennai (Lead) - Dec 27, 2011
- Rajnikanth offers venue for IAC stir in Chennai - Dec 26, 2011
- Hundreds join car rally for Lokpal - Dec 04, 2011
- Over Rs.2.6 lakh donated during Anna's fast - Jun 08, 2011
- Team Anna hardens stand, cops want them hospitalised (Roundup) - Aug 01, 2012
- 32 people fasting in Chennai for Hazare - Aug 18, 2011
- Tight security planned for Hazare's fast Sunday - Dec 10, 2011
- Tough-talking Sonia says she will fight for Lokpal (Evening Lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- In Chennai, Anna supporters chalk out next stage - Aug 28, 2011
- No talks if fasting protesters forcefully removed: Anna Hazare (Second Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Anna set for fast, politicians hit back (Evening Lead) - Dec 26, 2011
- Bring Lokpal or go, Anna tells UPA (Second Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- No permission yet to Team Anna : MCD - Nov 29, 2011
- 20 on hunger strike in Chennai, health deteriorating - Aug 25, 2011
Tags: activists, anna hazare, anti graft law, betrayal, chandra mohan, civil engineer, corruption, disappointment, hospitalised, India, Lok Sabha, lokpal bill, media coordinator, next level, protest, protester, rajya sabha, solidarity, tuesday night