Anna movement to figure in Jharkhand school syllabusAugust 20th, 2011 - 3:22 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Aug 20 (IANS) The Jharkhand government is contemplating to include social activist Anna Hazare’s movement against corruption in school syllabus.
“When the Vinoba Bhave movement, the anti-British Quit India movement could be included in school syllabus, why can’t the Anna movement be included?” Jharkhand Human Resource Development Minister Baijnath Ram told reporters Saturday.
“We will talk to Chief Minister Arjun Munda over the issue,” he added.
The minister extended his moral support to Hazare’s movement and criticised the central government for trying to suppress the right to protest.
Hazare is getting support from large sections of society in Jharkhand like lawyers, businessmen, students and youths.
Lawyers boycotted courts in Ranchi, Gumla and other districts Friday. Businessmen also kept their shops closed till noon Friday.
- Support goes up for Anna in scam-hit Jharkhand - Aug 21, 2011
- Ranch shops shut till noon in support of Anna - Aug 19, 2011
- Ranchi prisoners fast to support Hazare - Aug 20, 2011
- Munda begins third leg of road check in Maoist areas - Jan 20, 2012
- Hazare's detention dangerous for democracy: Munda - Aug 16, 2011
- Marandi fasts in support of Anna - Aug 23, 2011
- Antony gags Army from commenting on Hazare - Apr 07, 2011
- Dhoni's family comes out in Hazare's support - Aug 17, 2011
- Munda expands cabinet, inducts nine ministers - Oct 08, 2010
- BJP, JMM in face-off over grant to Jharkhand madrasas - Sep 26, 2011
- Munda, wife discharged from hospital - May 17, 2012
- Experts to resolve arsenic, fluoride problems: Ramesh - Oct 09, 2011
- Apologise, Anna supporters tell Sahay - Aug 22, 2011
- Chief minister should be under Lokayukta: Munda - Aug 26, 2011
- Ranchi to get three flyovers for smooth traffic - Jan 21, 2011
Tags: anna hazare, baijnath, businessmen, central government, chief minister, corruption, development minister, human resource development, india movement, jharkhand government, lawyers, moral support, munda, ranchi, school syllabus, social activist, vinoba bhave