Anna may end vow of silence in three, four daysOctober 31st, 2011 - 5:17 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 31 (IANS) Anna Hazare Monday said he plans to end his vow of silence in three to four days and would undertake a tour of the country to meet those who supported his anti-corruption campaign.
Hazare, 74, said in his blog that the thought of giving up his ‘maun vrat’ was playing on his mind.
“In the next three to four days I might end my ‘maun vrat’. Crores of people have turned to reading my blog all over the world hence I think it would only seem appropriate that I end my ‘maun’ and hold open discussions with them,” he said.
The crusader said that he would “embark on a tour and meet all those young men and women, farmers, working class, school children from all over the world who were a part of this movement against corruption and at times even went to jail for the sake of the cause”.
“I have this strong urge from within to meet and talk to all these people who bravely faced the hazards. Hence I would like to end my ‘maun’ and start off touring different states and hold discussions with them,” said Hazare, who has been campaigning for a strong Lokpal to check corruption in high places.
He has led two successful anti-corruption campaigns in New Delhi in April and August, resulting in the government agreeing to his demand for a strong Lokpal bill and passing it in the winter session of parliament.
“Especially I hope to gather as much energy from these young men and women as I had during my previous movement,” Hazare said, adding that the “energy” will be utilised to get the Jan Lokpal bill, Team Anna’s version of the proposed ombudsman legislation, passed in parliament.
He also said he would continue his “struggle” for ‘Right to Reject’ the candidates in the poll fray and ‘Right to Recall’ those elected.
“All my countrymen will be connected with me directly in this struggle is my belief,” Hazare said.
Though he started his vow of silence Oct 16, he has been putting forward his view through his writings that are then read out by his aides or through his blog.
- Hazare breaks maun vrat, Team Anna meets Lokpal panel - Nov 05, 2011
- Hazare to continue vow of silence - Oct 27, 2011
- Hazare seals his lips with indefinite 'maun vrat' - Oct 16, 2011
- Hazare begins vow of silence Sunday - Oct 15, 2011
- Anna may end vow of silence Friday, come to Delhi - Nov 03, 2011
- Hazare warns of another fast if government fails Lokpal - Nov 01, 2011
- Anna denies rift in his team - Oct 17, 2011
- Anna breaks vow of silence - Nov 04, 2011
- Hazare warns of another fast, government says no reason (Roundup) - Nov 01, 2011
- Bhushan in mind, Hazare slams 'incoherent' talk on Kashmir - Oct 18, 2011
- Don't blackmail at every stage, Congress tells Anna - Nov 04, 2011
- Will Team Anna members too go silent, asks Congress - Oct 15, 2011
- Bring Jan Lokpal bill or go, Hazare tells government - Mar 16, 2012
- Hazare advised rest for a week - Oct 29, 2011
- Hazare defends Bedi, slams 'Gang of Four' - Oct 25, 2011
Tags: anna hazare, campaigns, corruption, countrymen, crores, crusader, farmers, maun, men and women, New Delhi, oct 31, ombudsman, open discussions, parliament, poll fray, sake, urge, vow of silence, winter session, young men