Anna Hazare may make it to ‘Time’ cover soonNovember 26th, 2011 - 4:56 pm ICT by IANS
Ralegan-Siddhi (Maharashtra), Nov 26 (IANS) Social crusader Anna Hazare is going places. He is soon expected to figure on the cover of the prestigious Time magazine, an aide said here Saturday.
Saturday morning, a team of Time photographers came and clicked Hazare from different angles at the Yadavbaba Temple complex where he lives.
“They have indicated that Hazare may feature on the cover of one of their forthcoming issues,” an aide told IANS.
Hazare’s nationwide campaign against corruption and crusade for a strong Jan Lokpal bill had caught the imagination of the masses, especially the youth in India.
Similarly, his campaign elicited support among Indians elsewhere in the world, including those in Tokyo and California, besides online and in social networking sites.
Recently, Pakistan social activists came to meet Hazare in Ralegan-siddhi and invited him to their country to boost the civil society movement there. Hazare has accepted the invitation and agreed to visit them at the earliest possible opportunity.
Last week, a life-like wax statue of Hazare went on permanent display at the Celebrity Wax Museum in Lonavala, a hill-station, around 120 km from Mumbai.
- Hazare's wax statue unveiled in Maharashtra - Nov 20, 2011
- Hazare's wax statue unveiled in Maharashtra (Lead, With Images) - Nov 20, 2011
- Anna Hazare starts new blog - Nov 22, 2011
- Hazare shifts to old residence - Oct 21, 2011
- Hazare's movement showcased in photo-exhibition - Apr 08, 2012
- Hazare begins vow of silence Sunday - Oct 15, 2011
- Hazare's security cover enhanced - Sep 03, 2011
- Will launch countrywide tour for Jan Lokpal: Anna - Mar 13, 2012
- Hazare to rest at Ralegan-Siddhi before fast - Dec 19, 2011
- Hazare weak but well, to address rally - Sep 02, 2011
- Hazare hospitalised for chest infection, stable (Lead) - Jan 01, 2012
- Hazare returns to village after treatment - Feb 18, 2012
- Anna Hazare flays team for moving court - Dec 23, 2011
- 100 arrested in Mumbai for protesting Anna's detention (Lead) - Aug 16, 2011
- Will Team Anna members too go silent, asks Congress - Oct 15, 2011
Tags: angles, anna hazare, corruption, crusade, forthcoming issues, going places, imagination, India, indians, invitation, maharashtra, pakistan, photographers, saturday morning, social activists, social crusader, social networking sites, time magazine, tokyo, wax museum