Ankita Chaudhry to debut at Paris’ Pret a Porter (With images)July 18th, 2011 - 9:10 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 18 (IANS) She is just 25 and Indian designer Ankita Chaudhry, the owner of the SAAJ label, is all set to make her debut at the Prêt à Porter show that begins in Paris Sep 3. She says her collection will focus on feminine cuts for young trendy girls.
Prêt à Porter is a leading international fashion event that brings together different labels, helps in connecting to buyers and encouraging collaborations between fashion designers and artists from more than 45 countries.
Ankita is one of the few designers who have been selected by the Prêt à Porter panel to participate at the four-day trade show.
“This is my debut season at ‘Prêt à Porter’ Paris and it’s a prestigious platform to showcase my creativity. I am working on a special collection, keeping in mind the European clientele,” said the 25-year-old Delhi-based designer.
Talking about her work, she said: “Feminine cuts will dominate the collection that SAAJ is preparing for our first major step into the European market. The colour pallette is a mix of nudes with extensive highlights of the Indian hues of greens, hot-pinks, reds and yellows. The collection is for glamorous, confident, edgy, stylish young girls who believe in themselves.”
- Komal Sood creates flower-inspired collection for WIFW (With Images) - Mar 29, 2011
- A bit of Kanjivaram, dollops of vintage clothes at WIFW (Curtain Raiser) - Apr 05, 2011
- Tailormade for profits - designers snip pret prices (With Images) - Mar 16, 2011
- Indian designer to show at London's art gallery (With Image) - Jul 21, 2011
- Designer brings spirit of Mexico alive at LFW - Aug 03, 2012
- Colours, bling and cuts on WIFW runway - Apr 08, 2011
- Parna Ghose goes to NY Couture Fashion Week - Sep 06, 2012
- Standing ovation for Kallol, Pankaj and Nidhi at LFW finale - Aug 08, 2012
- Jumpsuit-cum-gharara, craftsmanship ruled Pakistan bridal week - Dec 22, 2011
- Royal silhouettes inspire designer's cocktail collection (With Images) - Mar 10, 2011
- Kolkatta, Paris, Jaipur inspire Preeti Kapoor's designs (With images) - Aug 19, 2011
- Varun Bahl presents edgy, unconventional line at WIFW - Apr 06, 2011
- Indian couture all about bridal wear: Manish Arora (With Image) - Aug 11, 2012
- Indian designer menswear market has come of age: Anita Dongre (With Images) - Apr 01, 2012
- Sari gets makeover, new look lures Hollywood - Sep 28, 2011
Tags: chaudhry, clientele, collaborations, debut season, fashion designers, fashion event, greens, hues, international fashion, New Delhi, nudes, old delhi, paris pret a porter, pinks, pret a porter, prêt à porter paris, reds and yellows, trendy girls, young girls