Animal skins worth Rs.2 mn seized in ChhattisgarhJanuary 13th, 2009 - 10:46 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Jan 13 (IANS) Deer and leopard skins worth Rs.2 million were seized from two Chhattisgarh tribesman Tuesday, a police official said. Crime branch official Pradeep Sori said the police on a tip-off raided a village in Dhamtari district and arrested the two tribesman along with the contraband animal skins.
The officer said that the seized skins were of deer and leopards killed in Sitanadi sanctuary in Dhamtari.
The police claimed that the seizure was worth Rs.2 million in an international market and the skins were to be supplied to a Maharashtra-based poachers’ gang.
- Two held with deer antlers in Chhattisgarh - Jan 11, 2012
- Three held with leopard skins - Nov 02, 2011
- Four held with deer skins in Chhattisgarh - Jan 05, 2011
- Two held with leopard skin in Chhattisgarh - Oct 19, 2011
- Boxing coach held with 3 leopard skins - May 05, 2012
- Four held in Chhattisgarh with leopard skin - Dec 14, 2009
- Now, tigers and leopards targeted by Maoists - Sep 12, 2012
- One held with spotted deer skins in Bengal - Mar 08, 2011
- Poachers held with four deer heads in Bangladesh - Jul 19, 2011
- Two caught in Chhattisgarh with leopard skin - Sep 17, 2009
- Leopard skins, bear gall bladder seized in Uttarakhand - Sep 30, 2011
- Two tribals held with leopard skins in Chhattisgarh - Aug 03, 2010
- Dead leopard found in jungle warfare campus - Mar 07, 2012
- College student held with leopard skin - Dec 17, 2010
- Man held with silver worth Rs.2.4 million - Apr 21, 2011