Anil Ambani was not chief of Tiger Traders, two firms: 2G witnessFebruary 9th, 2012 - 9:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 9 (IANS) Reliance Group chief Anil Ambani was not the chairman of any of the three companies, including Tiger Traders, which were allegedly linked to 2G case accused Swan Telecom, a witness Thursday told a CBI special court here.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) alleged that Reliance Group floated Swan Telecom to secure telecom licences. According to the CBI charge sheet, Tiger Traders Pvt. Ltd., Parrot Consultants and Zebra Consultants were associate companies of the Reliance Group.
Testifying as a witness, chartered accountant and proprietor of Nilesh Doshi and Company, Mumbai, Nilesh R. Doshi told CBI Special Judge O.P. Saini that Anil Ambani was not controlling the three companies.
He added that Tiger Traders was a part of the DB Group since March 2007.
Doshi was appointed as a consultant in Reliance Group in 2006.
Another witness and official of Reliance Infrastructure Ltd. Ashish Tambawala told the court Jan 31 that Anil Ambani was not a director of Swan Telecom and Tiger Traders.
- Anil Ambani was not director of Swan: Witness - Jan 31, 2012
- No benefit to Reliance Group from UAS license: CBI - Oct 03, 2011
- Trial starts in high-profile telecom airwaves case (Roundup) - Nov 11, 2011
- Verdict reserved on bail pleas of 2G spectrum case co-accused - Apr 15, 2011
- Reliance Communication says equity in Swan was within limits (Roundup) - Aug 10, 2011
- Raja, 11 others formally charged in 2G spectrum case (Lead) - Apr 02, 2011
- Raja, key accused in 2G spectrum case presented in court - Apr 13, 2011
- Judicial custody for five co-accused in 2G telecom spectrum case - Apr 20, 2011
- Reliance Group official retracts statement on Swan bank account - Nov 11, 2011
- Raja asks if probe agency decides spectrum sale or auction - Aug 11, 2011
- Bail pleas of co-accused in 2G spectrum case opposed (Lead) - Apr 13, 2011
- 2G scam: Shahid Balwa's bail decision reserved - May 18, 2011
- PAC questions Anil Ambani in 2G scam probe - Apr 05, 2011
- 2G scam: Arguments on framing charges from Thursday (Lead) - Jul 19, 2011
- Kanimozhi's bail plea verdict on May 20 (Second Lead) - May 14, 2011
Tags: anil ambani, ashish, associate companies, cbi, central bureau of investigation, chartered accountant, db group, doshi, group chief, infrastructure ltd, New Delhi, parrot, proprietor, pvt ltd, reliance group, saini, special judge, swan, witness, zebra