Angry over case delays, man damages judge’s carNovember 17th, 2011 - 12:28 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Nov 17 (IANS) A 62-year-old man has been arrested in Odisha for damaging the official car of a judge to protest alleged delay in getting justice, police said Thursday.
Dukhishyam Patra, who runs a grocery business, Wednesday entered the premises of district judge M.K. Panda at Berhampur town in Ganjam district, about 140 km from here, with a hammer.
“He smashed the front glass pane of the official car of the judge. Before he could smash other objects, the court staff nabbed him and handed him over to police,” police officer K.C. Satpathy told IANS.
Patra, a resident of Buguda in the same district, was arrested and chargesheeted in 2008 for threatening to kill some of his relatives over a family dispute. Subsequently, he came out on bail.
He told police he damaged the car of the judge to protest frequent postponements of his case and delay in getting justice, the police officer said.
The man has been arrested and remanded in judicial custody, he added.
- Orissa lawmaker held for criminal activities - Feb 08, 2011
- Villagers stage demonstration seeking bauxite for Vedanta plant - Sep 11, 2012
- Maoists set Thursday deadline for abducted Odisha legislator - Apr 03, 2012
- Odisha gang rape: Doctors protest action - Jun 27, 2012
- Two Italians abducted in Odisha, claim Maoists - Mar 18, 2012
- Woman kills alcoholic husband in Odisha - Jul 23, 2012
- Maoist camp destroyed in Odisha - Aug 08, 2012
- Courts sentences minor's rapist, murderer to death - Mar 29, 2010
- Polish shoes at temple, court orders teen for harassing girl - Sep 20, 2011
- Maoists reiterate demands to release Italian (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- Stones thrown at Nitish Kumar's convoy - Jan 22, 2012
- Odisha begins dialogue to secure release of Italians - Mar 22, 2012
- Two Italians abducted in Odisha, claim Maoists (Lead) - Mar 18, 2012
- Three Odisha doctors charged in Pipli gangrape case - Jun 13, 2012
- Maoists set Thursday deadline for abducted legislator (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
Tags: case delays, court staff, damages, district judge, family dispute, glass pane, grocery business, hammer, judicial custody, odisha, old man, panda, patra, police officer, police police, police said thursday, postponements, premises, relatives